Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » No audio in Windows Media Player

Author Topic: No audio in Windows Media Player
Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2004 12:01 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All of a sudden I am unable to get any audio from anything I play in Windows Media Player. The files (whether they are video, audio CD's, etc...) will play, but there is no audio. I checked the mixer. Everything is fine. Other sounds on my computer work fine, such as IE navigation sounds, windows log on and log off, Quick Time videos, Flash animations, and even Windows Media files played in the Web browser. The strangest thing is that it works fine on another user account on my computer.

I ran Windows update. Uninstalled, then re-installed Windows Media. Rolled back my sound drivers. Re-installed the current sound drivers. Nothing works. Help!

BTW, I am using XP Pro.

EDIT: I found the problem, and now I feel stupid! It was the volume control in Windows Media itself. For some reason, it was turned all the way down. Don't know how that happened. But I never looked at that, because I thought it was the same as the volume control in the mixer. Guess not.

|  IP: Logged

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2004 06:12 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was what I would have asked...
In some media players you can bind the volume control on it to either the master or wave out volume control of the main mixer. Winamp does this automatically unless configured otherwise, not sure about WMP...

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: