Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Which Has More Germs. A Public Toilet Or An ATM Machine?

Author Topic: Which Has More Germs. A Public Toilet Or An ATM Machine?
Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-24-2004 10:21 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to Jeanie Davis, a WebMD says this:

quote:
(June 23) -- Disgusted by Port-A-Potties? Freaked out by fast-food restrooms? Believe it or not, picnic tables and ATMs may harbor more germs.

A new report puts our germ fears into perspective. In a nationwide telephone survey of 1,000 adults, each adult was asked to rate the surfaces they considered germy. Those answers were then compared with real studies of bacteria on various surfaces.

You guessed it: The bulk of germs are hiding where you least suspect -- playground equipment, the phone receiver, ATMs, and elevator buttons.

I will agree. In a public restroom, it is the "Same Old Crap."

On a public telephone, ATM, playground equipment and other public-operated devices such as video games there is much more on it than "The same Old Crap."

This theory has been suspected for years.

But 'yaknow, I have been in some areas where I might question it just a little. In some of the interstate highway rest stops, I have opend the door to the public rest rooms and the flies swarmed out instead of in. [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-24-2004 10:51 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. Using an ATM to get money to go to the videogame arcade helps build your immune system! [Smile]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 06-24-2004 11:02 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Holy Smokes Paul, I'm wondering why on earth you did a search for that? I was just thinking about the same thing! [beer]

Also, if I were you, I'd stay away from those interstate rest stops. Like the psychiatrist says in "Something About Mary", those rest stops are homosexual hangouts. I would never stop at any of them! I'm a virgin and intend to say pure until I can find the right person. [beer]

I agree with Joe, I have a great immune system thanks to playing all those public arcade video games.

>>> Phil

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 06-25-2004 08:07 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about an ATM placed just outside a public restroom?! [Wink]

Jon Miller
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2004 09:13 AM      Profile for Jon Miller   Email Jon Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, great...someone will use the restroom and not bother to wash his/her hands ( [puke] ), then go withdraw some money from the ATM. That ought to further the cause... [Eek!]

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-25-2004 09:41 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dirty money [Big Grin]

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 06-25-2004 09:43 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then they bring that money to the box office at your theater. [Eek!]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-25-2004 06:05 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read in some magazine that if you "pick your nose and eat it," it helps build your immune system because of all the crap you breathe in. Kinda makes you wonder about all those people who are "never sick a day in their lives."

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-25-2004 06:52 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm.... now that I think about it, Ian has never been sick! [Smile]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 06-25-2004 06:56 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Holy Crap, Mike! That is SICK! YUK! YUK YUK! [puke]

When I was in High School, I used to wipe mine under the teacher's desk when they weren't looking. [beer]

>>> Phil

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 06-25-2004 09:16 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always wipe my boogers on the ATM! [Big Grin]

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-26-2004 01:05 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, let's see....Blow a "Fniff" on the sidewalk, someone will step in it and track it into the building. Then drop money on the floor that might hit the spot where the "Fniff" remnants are. Pick up the dropped money and hand it to the popcorn salesperson. After it is put into the cash register, the popcorn salesperson (with smaller remnants of a "Fniff" on his/her hand services another customer who wants popcorn, grabs the scoop and fills the popcorn tub with some of the popcorn coming in contact with the scoop handle. (if they even use a scoop.) When the customer pays for the merchandise, a double wammy hits. The sales person uses that money that was laying in the "Fniff's" remnants and hands it to the customer that just did a No. 2 in the bathroom...and the toilet paper slipped. (or broke), especially on a nice hot humid sweaty day. Even better, when they use the urinal and pee all over the floor and track it in to the concession stand area. That will add to the flavor of the "Fniff" for the next customer give it a salty taste. That's good....less salt needed for the popcorn. [Big Grin]

For the toilet paper that slipped or broke....if the popcorn ever tastes like crap, then you will know..... [Wink]

In case you wonder what a "Fniff" is, it is one of those snot-filled loogies that are green in color...and nice and slimy. Also known as a nice big green booger that sticks to the roof of your mouth if you try to eat it....or if you inhale the exact time you sneeze.

Why do I call it a "Fniff?" Well, that's the sound it makes when it exits the nose under high pressure. [Big Grin]

[puke]

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2004 11:59 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boogers are a good, low calorie, low carb snack any time of the day. And they're FREE! [Big Grin]

When I feel a blocked nostril, I know that in a few hours I can treat myself to a nice juicy creation, conveniently dispensed "right under my nose" [Wink] The best are the ones you can't really get at with your thumb, and have to jam the pinky and dig for a while. Those usually have the nice dab of blood on them I like to call "the cherry."

It's not always fun and games, though. Sometimes the goober gets jammed onto one of your molars and it seems that nothing short of a metal toothpic would jar it loose. I call those, "Flavor Savers"

And yes, I'm rarely sick. Physically, that is! [Smile]

=TMP=

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: