Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Today was a great day! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Today was a great day!
Robert Stawiarski
Film Handler

- posted 06-19-2004 08:05 PM      Profile for Robert Stawiarski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today was a great day. Like usual, the movies all started on time, no customer complaints about the presentation -- even some mild applause on the cue mic. Our newest trainee is a quick learner, attentive, and is almost ready to work a solo shift. Things have definitely been very professional around here lately. Anybody else having good experiences?

Brian -- just kidding with you.
[beer]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 06-19-2004 09:40 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A perfect day for me at the screening room would be when all the films are short and the start times have been adjusted to suit enabling me to run three and still get out before 4:00 PM. Maybe a brief screening for a post production house before my first feature screening for some added revenue. Oh, and let all the day's prints have never been plattered and come in tails-out for easiest inspection. Since this is a perfect day there would also be a night show to be run by one of my assistants for maximum use of the room.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 06-20-2004 06:15 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Today was not a great day!

I just got back from a local parade and clubbin' and tripped over a 3-reel ICC film shipping can. I spilled my "super-sized" R&C all over the living room carpet. I will leave the mess there for today and call someone to replace the carpet tomorrow.

Then, while backing out of my driveway to go and get more rum, I ran over the neighbor's Chihuahua and squished it.

RIP: TACO
 -

I went to look for a shovel to scrape the remains off my drive and accidentally knocked over my Ninja 250 and bent the handlebar!

Finally, I was able to throw the carcass on the neighbor's lawn and wash-down my drive and get to the liquor store.

While I was there, a guy comes in with a gun and robs the place and me of my last $19.

So, how was your day?

>>> Phil

[ 06-20-2004, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Phil Hill ]

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 06-20-2004 06:20 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today was a total disaster for me; I made my first really big film mistake. See assistant projectionist thread in this forum.

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2004 06:22 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a great day today!

I got a cable from M saying I needed to meet her at HQ. I show up and she informs me of my new assignment in Berlin. After I left her office, the lovely Moneypenny was waiting for me. It's been awhile since I've been with a lady, so I figured what the heck. We hopped into the Aston, found a nice hotel, and made sweet love before my 8pm flight out of Heathrow. What skill she does have! [sex] [beer]

AJG

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 06-20-2004 06:53 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Aaron Garman
...found a nice hotel, and made sweet love before my 8pm flight...
Gosh Aaron, me thinks you and Richard (Mr. Olsen twins) are smokin' the same I-30 stuff...

>>> Phil

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-20-2004 07:07 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful weekend, nice sunny weather, mild temperatures, customers cheery, staff "breaking up in laughter"....

I wonder who was smoking what? [Big Grin]

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2004 07:09 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil wrote:
quote:
I just back from a local parade and clubbin' and tripped over a film can. I spilled my R&C all over the carpet.
I just knew those things were going to be hazardous to your health Phil! I'm going to send over a cleaning crew and large van right away to take all those hazards from your home. [evil]

danny

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-20-2004 07:12 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate tripping over a film can. I immediately lose my cool and when that happens, and the film can usually becomes airborne and hits the wall. [Big Grin]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 06-20-2004 08:01 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Danny: Just cuz you've been over here before and seen my can, there is NO reason to tell the world about it!

Also, no self-respecting cleaning crew would dare set foot in this hell-hole!

quote: Paul G. Thompson
I wonder who was smoking what?
So do I Paul, so do I.

>>> Phil

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-20-2004 08:20 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil, I LMAO when I read your post. [Smile]

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2004 09:45 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Phil Hill
Gosh Aaron, me thinks you and Richard (Mr. Olsen twins) are smokin' the same I-30 stuff...
Yo no smoko here. R&C? Why not a white russian?! And no Phil, I'm not talking about that dude that keeps walking into your house in the middle of the night that you constantly tell me about but rather the drink. Also, at least Money Penny isn't in high school like those twins! [Big Grin]

AJG

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 06-20-2004 10:31 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Aaron, not into Russians no matter their color. I like good ol' American white boiz! [Wink]

>>> Phil

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 06-20-2004 10:50 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today Was a GREAT DAY!!!

The weather here in TEXAS is SUPER!!! I heard the birds chirping lovely melodies all day and the grass is really really green down here. I woke up with a smile on my face and everything is super groovy in a far out kind of way!!! I LOVE THE WORLD!!! Everybody go out and hug a squirrel or a strange man and take a deep breath of this beatutiful fresh air and say "Thank you!!! I LOVE EVERYTHING!!!" I LOVE YOU PHIL HILL! Flowers for EVERYBODY!!!

Please note: This post was typed by Ethan who was too lazy to log out and sign back in.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 06-20-2004 11:16 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... Ya know, I cannot think of ANY reasonable, non-sexual, come-back to that post.

Dammit!

Ummm...call me again... Josh or Ethan or whoever.. we CAN talk some more!

>>> Phil

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: