Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » New Superman Movie (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: New Superman Movie
Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-15-2004 12:50 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I guess there is a new Superman movie that's gonna be made for some reason or another. Rumors of Nicolas Cage starring were fairly widespread not too long ago. That would have been weird. But now they want to cast Jake Gylleiasehall or whatever that dude's name is (he is a Toby MacGuire rip-off). He is probably way too small and goofy lookin' for the part. Here are my best choices for Superman role BESIDES Jake Gylyenaihanhhhall and Nicolas Cage:

-Gilbert Gotfried
-Tom Hanks
-Danny DeVito
-That tall dumb guy nobody can understand from Everybody Loves Raymond
-Shaquille O'Neal or any other Irish guy
-Rosie O'Donnell or any other Irish chick
-Robert Tilton
-Clint Eastwood
-Micheal Douglas
-Pauly Shore
-The late Ronald Reagan
-Jean Claude Van Damme
-Vanilla Ice
-Snoop Doggy Dog

|  IP: Logged

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 06-15-2004 02:02 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess the stories of Christian Bale having the starring role in the next Superman film didn't work out.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-15-2004 02:16 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't they just digitally lift Christopher Reeve from the earlier films (they could use the same technology being used on POLAR EXPRESS) and get Halle Berry to play Lois, and Nicole Kidman can be Lana Lang, and Bruce Willis can be Lex Luthor and they could get Jim Carrey to play Mr. Mxzptlk. If they need more boobs, they can get Carmen Electra to play Miss Teschmacher or whatever her name is.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2004 08:52 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bobby,

Christian Bale is starring in the new "Batman Begins" movie that is already in production.

You know the director Brett Ratner was supposed to direct the new Superman movie. But he got fed up with the fact that they couldn't make up their mind on the lead role - so he walked.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 06-15-2004 09:01 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brendan Frasier.

He's done a couple of proto-superheroes already: George of the Jungle, Dudley Do-Right and two Mummy films. He's got the "stuff" to do an action hero.

He's got "dynamic range" too: "Gods and Monsters".

He's athletic enough to be Superman. He appears honest enough to be Superman. He'll need a bit of "cleaning up" or "grooming" for the part but I think he's got the basics.

Finally, Superman needs to have just a thouch of comedy in him. Not a lot but just enough to do that occasional double-take.

(e.g.: In the original Superman movie, Clark Kent is looking for a hidden place to change into Superman. The audience, being familiar with the original Superman is subconsciously thinking, "Phone Booth! Phone Booth!" Clark runs by a modern pay telephone on the sidewalk, pauses for a second and we see him make a subtle "Aw, shucks" face. He continues on to find a revolving door.)

Imagine Brendan Frasier/Superman running along a rooftop after a bad guy. He's about to leap off the parapet and sees a rope hanging there. He pauses briefly, as if to grab it and swing, "Tarzan Style", does a double-take and mimes, "Naah!", then leaps into the air.

He's done a few movies to mess up his image: Monkeybone and Bedazzled. (Too dark and too David Schwimmer/whiney.) But, if he gets a couple more movies like Mummy under his belt and is successful, I think he can pull it off.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 06-15-2004 10:45 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Batman, Superman, sheesh I'm confused. They're all wierd characters who wear their underwear on the outside of their pants!

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 06-15-2004 10:49 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's weird about that Bobby?? [Confused]

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2004 12:09 PM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a picture of Christian Bale as Batman and the cast from BATMAN BEGINS. So far the movie has TONS of potential to redeem WB for the last 2 Batman flicks and that stillborn CATWOMAN crap.

-

Directed by
Christopher Nolan

Writing credits
David S. Goyer (screenplay)

Credited cast:
Dean Alexandrou .... Shadow Warrior
Joey Ansah .... Shadow Warrior
Christian Bale .... Bruce Wayne/Batman
Alexandra Bastedo .... Mrs. Delane
Mark Boone Junior
Tim Booth .... Thug
Michael Caine .... Alfred Pennyworth
Charles Edwards .... Wayne Enterprises Executive
Jonathan D. Ellis .... Courthouse Reporter
Jon Foo .... Shadow Warrior
Morgan Freeman .... Lucius Fox
Rutger Hauer .... Mr. Earle
Siobhan Hewlett .... Jessica
Katie Holmes .... Rachel Dodson
John Kazek
David Legeno
Noah Margetts .... Arkham Thug
Colin McFarlane .... Commissioner Loeb
Cillian Murphy .... Dr. Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow
Liam Neeson .... Henri Ducard
Gary Oldman .... Lieutenant James Gordon
Lucy Russell .... Susan
Sara Stewart .... Martha Wayne
Mark Straker
Mark Strange .... Shadow Warrior
Ken Watanabe .... Ra's Al Ghul
Tom Wilkinson .... Carmine Falcone

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 06-15-2004 01:11 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaw, Batman's EASY!

1) Batman (in movies of late) wears a rubber costume. Whoever plays him doesn't even have to be muscular. The costume will make him look cut.

2) It doesn't matter what the actor's face looks like. The face mask covers most of it. He only needs to look good from the nose down.

3) Honestly, there doesn't even have to be an actor for Batman's part. A stunt double will probably get most of the tough scenes anyway. We only need somebody to play Bruce Wayne. The only time we'll really see who the actor is in close-ups, etc.

4) Finally, who CARES who plays Batman?! Even though the movies are called "Batman", it's not really his movie. The Batman series, whether it be on that campy TV show or in movies, has ALWAYS been more about who the bad guy is than it has been about Batman himself.

C'Mon! You can't tell me that Ahh-Nold playing Mr. Freeze wasn't the best part of that whole movie! Can you?!

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-15-2004 02:20 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The background of that picture looks like the collapsing stairwell scene from THE TOWERING INFERNO.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 06-15-2004 08:59 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The director of the new superman is once again...

McG of charlies angles and charlies angles too, fully throttled...

He was attached before brett ratner, and after brett left the project, he is again attached. They are screening potentials, and brendan fraser, who was desired by Ratner, is not in the running.

It will more than likely be jayk jillenhauwl, that kid from that flood movie where it gets cold.

Yeah, sounds like a REAL good idea.

Ciao

Dave

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-15-2004 10:47 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
McG? Well, so much for any chance of that movie being any good.

Never trust anyone with no vowels in his name, that's always been my motto.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 06-18-2004 10:23 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about the guy who plays Clark Kent on WBs Smallville... Not that I watch the show...

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-18-2004 11:43 PM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your thinking of Tom Welling.

Interesting choice given his role in Smallville, but I'm leaning towards Joe's choice of Gilbert Gottfried. [evil]

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 06-19-2004 04:32 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have saved them (I mean us...I have a few shares of Time Warner) a bundle by hiring the guy from the On Star commercial and especially the Alfred. Although Michael Caine is great in anything he does.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: