Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Gone from the theatre tech scene

Author Topic: Gone from the theatre tech scene
Luciano Brigite
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2004 10:10 PM      Profile for Luciano Brigite   Email Luciano Brigite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After thinking a bit about it I decided to turn my back and walk away from the theatre scene,reasons are many,after being laid off (?) 2 1/2 years ago from the company I worked for, I wanted to give a try in the tech field of it but things didn't go well [Frown]
Not many calls, parts source,reliable machine shop for metal works when needed, no reply to many emails sent to foreign suppliers,high prices and a always growing money exchange rate,made things uneasy to keep it going.
Now I have a bunch of junk to take care of, no I won't sell anything so don't ask [Smile] ,thought of selling butif I ask X, by the time it arrives to someone who could be interested it'll be asked XY,wich means someone who's doing nothing is shoving the hand in it too. wich is another reason I gave the middle finger in being a tech :/ .
Still have plans to have a private screening room but I'm not sure if it'll ever come out since my small collection of 35mm stuff is getting smaller and smaller,by the time I get it up there will be no more material to run.I'm not sure if I'll get back to theatre works again, if I do it won't be any soon.
I'd like to say thanks again to everyone who spent some of their time in replying to my posts,chatting and everything else [Smile]
No, It doesn't mean i'll not show up here anymore, I'll be "haunting" around because it's still something I like .
take care you all [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 06-10-2004 10:24 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey L, I'm sorry to hear that. I have enjoyed your friendship and chats and I personally hope you still stay in touch and remain a member here at Film-Tech.

Sincerely,

>>> Phil

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 06-10-2004 10:40 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I know where you are coming from, Luciano. There's not much of a living to be made in this end of the business anymore. But's it's still fun to hang out here and give Phil a hard time!
[Razz]

Best of luck to you in whatever you do!

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2004 01:51 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's disappointing when an industry loses committed professionals, but I hope you find something better for you!

Good luck!

Luciano Brigite
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2004 08:36 PM      Profile for Luciano Brigite   Email Luciano Brigite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll stay around, popping in and out of the chat room from time to time and even posting some yaking here [Smile] I may even do some tech work in a theatre if I feel like doing it and as I said, I'll try to have a screening room or then a booth set up at home ( that'd serve as an excuse to bring home my projectors [Big Grin] ) even if means I'll have to take the cars out of the garage or project on the neighbor's wall [Razz]
For now I'm giving a try in the high end audio equipment field ( ahh.. back to the times I spent the whole day saying bad words about equipment's designers ,burning fingertips with the soldering iron and so on) and that means I'll get to deal with my vavorite component.. tubes! But for now I have a bunch of solid state stuff to take the covers off, peek inside and grumbe wtf!? [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: