Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » When was your house built? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: When was your house built?
Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 06-10-2004 05:34 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Following on from the 'off topic' diversion in the 'upload your pictures' thread, herewith the above question. Mine was completed by 1640 - well, it's not really 'mine', since I only rent a flat/apartment in it - two years before the outbreak of the English Civil War. Can anyone go further back than that?

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-10-2004 07:44 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

here is what it looks like and as you can see we are trying to sell it (running out of room now where did I but those 10 VIC10's [Smile] )
 -

-

-

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 06-10-2004 08:13 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice lookin' house Gordie...but WTF has ORANGE walls? And DON'T tell me it was SWMBO's choice! JFC!

>>> Phil

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-10-2004 08:24 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1967 I think. Maybe 1963. It was one of those years that didn't matter because I wasn't alive yet.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-10-2004 09:11 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil is correct SWMBO choose the colour scheme (in fact she is visable in the exterior picture the arch way into the kitchen and the organ are my contributions (as is the fountain fireplace and BBQ in the backyard)

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2004 01:06 AM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My house is old.. mid 1950's.... Anything older than 1980 in SoCal seems to get torn down. There is little history here.. and places where the old homes are.. well.. I won't drive near those areas.

Gordon! I love that room! I love the colour, the lamps and sculptures! Very "modern" and cool! [thumbsup]

Danny

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2004 01:48 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Leo Enticknap
Following on from the 'off topic' diversion in the 'upload your pictures' thread, herewith the above question. Mine was completed by 1640 - well, it's not really 'mine', since I only rent a flat/apartment in it
Is that cheaper than renting an undersize spare/apartment over there?

Is that a Conn, Gordon? Do you have those speakers that were mounted firing upwards into dummy pipes?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-11-2004 05:42 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Gordon's house was '02? I can beat that. Mine was '00!

(No wait, wrong century.)

Really though Gordon...orange???

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2004 06:40 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1924. Wood frame. 974 square feet. Mine since 1986. Will add pic later.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 06-11-2004 07:16 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know the date, but my building would have been built around the turn of the century (late 1800s/early 1900s).

Here is a pic of my street, taken in mid-March. My door is behind the Jeep just to the right of center in this shot. I'm on the top floor, although the original design was for houses (4 floors plus basement), rather than apartments. (The picture is in focus, but the scan isn't. I need a better scanner.)

-

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2004 07:28 AM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leo,

I heard that you can't actually own land in England. It all belongs to the governement, and home owners actually just have long term leases on the land under their homes?

Is this true?

/Mitchell

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 06-11-2004 07:34 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, anybody can own land, but some property is leasehold. it's less common than it used to be. Most of this land is not owned by the Government, but by various institutions.

Mitchell, I think I saw you in April, but I didn't realise it was you at the time. Were you standing near the back of the auditorium at the Lafayette in Suffern, after 'Amadeus'? If so, I was sitting just in front of you. I saw a face that looked familiar, but I couldn't place it at the time. Hope to see you again next year.

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2004 07:53 AM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, that was me at the Lafayette Theatre. I didn't see you, or I would have said hello.

/Mitchell

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-11-2004 08:56 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes that is a Conn 642 one of the first all tubes jobs (getting in ruff shape can't find any schematics for it though) Originally it was owned by Kathlean Stokes who during the war was the organist for the "Happy Gang" on CBC radio and was also a noted Toronto Theatre Organist
No I don't have the pipes wish I did
Orange is cool it is actually quiet relaxing and the back yard is relatively quiet for being on a main street (The fountain masks most of the noises and the fireplace adds warmth) The dinning room light fixture I got at Home Depot as I had no plans of leaving the 1950 Sputnic lamp fixture we had there [Smile]

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 06-11-2004 10:38 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, I gotcha all beat. I live in the historic Roxy Theatre building, 1921! What better place for a film person? Owned and operated by showman and fellow Film-Techer, Richard Wolfe.

Roxy Theatre, Northampton, PA
 -

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: