Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Ronald Reagan passes away at 93 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Ronald Reagan passes away at 93
Darren Crimmins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-05-2004 04:00 PM      Profile for Darren Crimmins   Email Darren Crimmins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ronald Regan passed away earlier today. He was the oldest president to start a term at 69 years of age. He died at the age of 93

[ 06-05-2004, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Joe Redifer ]

|  IP: Logged

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-05-2004 04:35 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
errr... this could get ugly.
Perhaps this thread needs a lock-down.

danny

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 06-05-2004 04:38 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As of now this thread is fine, lets keep it that way! [Roll Eyes]

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 06-05-2004 04:46 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The least we could do is spell his name correctly.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 06-05-2004 04:50 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Political comments removed by Admin.

-Claude

[ 06-06-2004, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 06-05-2004 05:05 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was a film actor before politics entered the picture, so we have potentially got something 'on topic' to discuss. Here is an article about his movie career specifically. I always did wonder where the phrase 'Win one for the gipper!' came from...

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 06-05-2004 05:35 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That article describes his movie career, and how it came to a dead end, but not how he then went into politics and eventually became President. That would be interesting to know.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-05-2004 06:04 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I edited the topic title. That's weird, I just heard of this. It seems that damn horse has been getting all of the news.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 06-05-2004 06:08 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be the first to admit that he acted the role of president very well, kinda folksy and tough at the same time. What he actually did of substance...hmm...that would get us into the verboten area of politics. Let's just say it was a very tough time for many average Americans. Just like now. Bedtime for Bonzo was shown (16mm) at U of IL around the time of the election. My friends and I went to cheer on the Gipper and the chimp with party noisemakers.

May he rest in peace.

-

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 06-05-2004 07:59 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ 06-06-2004, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

Pete Apruzzese
Film Handler

- posted 06-05-2004 08:22 PM      Profile for Pete Apruzzese   Author's Homepage   Email Pete Apruzzese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RIP, Mr. President.

(I see people just can't resist offering up political opinions - c'mon now, show some restraint for once!)

[ 06-06-2004, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

Bill Carter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-05-2004 08:37 PM      Profile for Bill Carter   Email Bill Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you watch the movie "Knute Rockne, All American", you won't see Reagan's famous "Win one for the Gipper" scene. That scene was the subject of a copyright infringement suit brought by the authors of an earlier radio drama, who claimed they created that dialogue. They won their case, and that specific scene was ordered deleted from all subsequent prints.

I haven't seen anybody mention Reagan's first elected position... president of the Screen Actors Guild.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-05-2004 09:17 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ 06-06-2004, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 06-05-2004 11:19 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

quote: Bill Carter
you won't see Reagan's famous "Win one for the Gipper" scene.
I remember when I ran that picture at a repertory house in the early 80s, that scene was indeed missing and we never knew why. Thanks for that info, Bill.

[ 06-06-2004, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-06-2004 08:12 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope that whatever owns the 'gipper' line is happy today. Damn lawyers!

Today, I'm running a Reagan movie as a tribute. Private show.

[ 06-06-2004, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: