Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Actor Richard Biggs dead at 44

Author Topic: Actor Richard Biggs dead at 44
Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-28-2004 02:00 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He will be sorely missed. Any Babylon 5 fans out there? I thought he was one of the best actors on the show. Never saw any of his other work because I'm not a soap opera fan.

Link

'Babylon 5' actor dies
Richard Biggs played Dr. Stephen Franklin on sci-fi series
Tuesday, May 25, 2004 Posted: 1:01 PM EDT (1701 GMT)

(CNN) -- Richard Biggs, who played Dr. Stephen Franklin on "Babylon 5" and also had a long run on the soap opera "Days of Our Lives," died Saturday. He was 44, according to the actor's Web site.

A posting on a "Babylon 5" message board by J. Michael Straczynski, the sci-fi show's creator, said the cause of death has not been determined but that "paramedics who showed up suggested it was either an aneurysm or a massive stroke."

Biggs, a graduate of the University of Southern California School of Theatre, gained his first major exposure as Dr. Marcus Hunter on "Days of Our Lives." He was on the NBC show for five years.

He also appeared on Lifetime's "Any Day Now" and "Strong Medicine." Most recently, he played Clayton Boudreaux on the CBS soap opera "Guiding Light."

"Babylon 5" fans and staff were shocked by his passing.

"Richard was a consummate professional, but more than that he was an honorable, stand-up guy," Straczynski wrote in his posting. "He was, quite simply, a terrific guy, and everyone here is just devastated at the news."

Biggs is survived by his wife, Lori Gerber, and two sons.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-30-2004 08:52 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed this thread in passing but apparently he wasn't bigg enough for me to have known who he was... I'm not in to "Days Of Ur Lives".....

Mark

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: