Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Delivery people to rat out party-goers..

Author Topic: Delivery people to rat out party-goers..
Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 05-27-2004 01:57 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Story here.

Delivery People Urged to Rat Out Minors

PORTSMOUTH, N.H. (AP) -- The long arm of the law may be ringing your doorbell and holding a pizza.

Police in Portsmouth hope to enlist pizza delivery people and hotel clerks to help cut into underage drinking and parents who allow it.

Under a new law, it's illegal for the owner or occupants of a home or hotel room to host a gathering of five or more minors who are drinking or using drugs. Teens as young as 17 who throw a party could be tried as adults.

Portsmouth Police Sergeant Mike Schwartz said the program is called the "Booze Bounty." He said food delivery people and hotel clerks would receive $50 if their anonymous tips of suspicious activity leads to the arrest of a party host.

"The message being sent to parents is that it's not safe for them to host a party," said Jackie Valley, of the Community Diversion Program in Greenland, which works to keep at-risk youths out of trouble with the law. "This doesn't change the fact that youths using alcohol is still illegal."

© 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Looks like this will either cause a drop in sales for pizza places and/or and increase in alcohol related accidents, from drunk minors going to pick up the pizza instead of having it delivered. [thumbsdown]

|  IP: Logged

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 05-27-2004 02:07 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do those who give these "anonymous" tips get paid? Or is it not really "anonymous"?

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 05-27-2004 02:18 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And meanwhile, all the teenagers of New Hampshire will have read this story and concluded that they can get as pissed as they like, just as long as they refrain from ordering any pizzas... [Roll Eyes]

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-28-2004 01:25 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, are we forgeting the kind of people who work at pizza places? No offense to anyone in 'the industry' but most pizza delivery people are more likely to step into the party and have a drink or two or a hit off the ol' bong than they are to report the 'suspicious activity.'

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 05-28-2004 02:10 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or they could do both. Take the reward, but only after having a little fun. [evil]

Rob Butler
Film Handler

- posted 05-29-2004 04:08 PM      Profile for Rob Butler   Email Rob Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bet that after news about this gets out in NH, DiGiorno pizza sales will skyrocket.

I think it seems a little funny how this would happen in NH, I live only about 6 miles from the state line, around here all the liquor stores close around 9pm, but the 7-11's in NH stay open till 11:30pm. Also, unlike Massachusetts where anyone can own a fully stocked liquor store, in NH, every gas station and convenience store sells beer. For hard liquor, you can only buy it at a state-owned liquor store, and most of these stores are at highway rest stops for your drunk driving convenience!

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 05-29-2004 04:22 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget that they put most of the NH state liquor stores just over the Mass. state line in an obvious attempt to sell (and tax) the stuff to Mass. residents. Never mind that it's illegal for Mass. residents to actually drive to NH to buy liquor and then drive back into Mass. with it.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 05-29-2004 06:40 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Scott Norwood
Never mind that it's illegal for Mass. residents to actually drive to NH to buy liquor and then drive back into Mass. with it.

Yeah, but how many of us have done that in the past because all the Mass stores were closed... plus no tax. [Smile]

Rob Butler
Film Handler

- posted 05-29-2004 07:11 PM      Profile for Rob Butler   Email Rob Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Scott Norwood
Never mind that it's illegal for Mass. residents to actually drive to NH to buy liquor and then drive back into Mass. with it.
Sometimes (mainly after 9pm when the mass stores close) you have to make sacrifices when absolutely necessary

It's also usually illegal to drive as fast as I do to make it to the 7-11 in Nashua NH before 11:30 when I get out of work after a night shift

quote: Rachel Gilardi
Yeah, but how many of us have done that in the past because all the Mass stores were closed... plus no tax.
I seriously doubt that there's all that many that will drive from Wisconsin to New Hampshire just for booze. Congratulations to the few that do tho, it's people like you that help me feel normal!

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 05-29-2004 11:06 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I lived in Mass for 22 years, just moved here last June... [Razz] I'm a Mass girl all the way!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: