Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Star Trek on Spike TV

Author Topic: Star Trek on Spike TV
Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2004 11:06 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the crap are they doing with their schedule? When they first started DS9 last month, they showed one episode at 7, followed by TNG at 8. It was like that for several weeks. Then, all of a sudden, they started showing DS9 at 7 and 8. I missed a few episodes because of that. Now, they're back to DS9 at 7 and TNG at 8. But they didn't even start TNG from the begining, they started in the middle of the first season. Does anyone have any idea why they are doing these crazy things with the schedule?

One thing that really aggravates me about their DS9 schedule: They are skipping some key episodes. They did not show the second season finale, The Jem'Hadar, or the two-part third season premier, The Search. What's up with that? And according the the episode guide on startrek.com, the next episode (tomorrow night) should be Past Tense, Part I. But according to the TV listings, they're skipping that episode entirely (both parts) and going to the next episode. Yeah, I know they just showed it a few weeks ago during Trek Uncut, but it would be nice to see it in order. At least that episode is completely seperate from the overall story. What are they going to do when the more important two-parters come up? Are they going to leave them out of the lineup as well? That makes no sense.

Sorry for the rant. I just needed to vent a little. [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2004 11:14 PM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had been waiting all year for DS9 to start (I had thought that it was supposed to have started last September). When SPIKE TV was TNN they did show TNG in correct order, and I hoped to start DS9 in the same manner. Now I don't feel so bad that they started the show the way they did, since I didn't even catch on to this until a couple of weeks after they started. F/X is notorious for doing the out-of-order thing. TNT has gotten a bit better at it.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2004 11:19 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are showing it in order, from the begining. It's not like they're completely random. If you watched the show when it originally aired, you'll be ok. I just don't get why they would do that.

Seems like they're leaving out all of the two-part episodes from the regular daily showing and saving them for Friday night's Trek Uncut. But the second season finale I spoke of in my last post was not a two-parter, and they still left it out. Grrrrrrr.

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 05-27-2004 02:15 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SpikeTV has some real airheads in the scheduling department. I was in the habbit of watching TNG in the morning at 10. Then they changed it up, and ever since, the times seem to be inconsistant.

Spike has some great programs, but no consistensy, so I never know whats on. They also have these daily marathons of shows like "RealTV". [Roll Eyes]

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-29-2004 10:48 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And they used to be the most intursive with their "banner ads" at the bottom of the screen. They'd have them dancing through the whole show, just about.

I stopped watching. Now I just go rent TV shows I want to see reruns of.

=TMP=

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: