Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Vaseline Vandalism

Author Topic: Vaseline Vandalism
Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 05-19-2004 05:32 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh My! Just when you think you've heard it all... the below comes from AP via WFLS.

--------------------------------------------------------
Vaseline Vandalism

McLean man charged with smearing hotel room full of Vaseline

The Associated Press
WFLS News

Date published: 5/17/2004

(Binghamton, New York-AP) -- A Fairfax County man is under arrest in upstate New York, where he's accused of a rather unusual crime.

Roger Chamberlain of McLean allegedly smeared Vaseline all over a hotel room. And we mean all over. The manager of a Motel 6 near Binghamton, New York, says after Chamberlain checked out, the maid found Vaseline on the bedding, mattresses, TV, furniture, towels, carpeting -- you name it.

In the garbage can, police say they found 14 empty containers of the petroleum jelly -- along with various X-rated magazines. Damage to the room is put at more than one-thousand dollars.

Authorities caught up with Chamberlain at another motel, where they say they found him smeared from head to toe in Vaseline. He was jailed on a charge of felony criminal mischief.

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

--------------------------------------

Sounds like a slippery character to me....

>>> Phil

|  IP: Logged

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 05-19-2004 08:16 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I fail to see how any crime was committed if he was the legal occupant of the room. I'm sure the fine print of renting the hotel room and/or the applicable hospitality laws make him liable for damages in excess of ordinary wear so make him pay for it and that's that. I'm sure if there was something in those same laws that would apply they would have charged him accordingly but there must not be for them to use the charge they did.

Sorry but "felony criminal mischief" just sounds like one of those catch-all laws that enable to police to charge whomever they want whenever they want for whatever reason they wish.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2004 08:22 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow what a surprise Phil reports on this topic! [Cool] [Big Grin]

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2004 08:26 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmm,, kinky!

I agree with Steve. I'd think that normally the hotel would just tack the damages onto your bill. I really don't see the point of involving police, and then printing the guys name in the paper is uncalled for. [fu]

danny

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-19-2004 08:36 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say that someone slipped up in that Hotel and let the guy in in the first place....

Mark

Chris Medley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-20-2004 02:21 AM      Profile for Chris Medley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Medley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The class before me did this as a senior prank sorta...they came in early and put vaseline on all the rails on the stairs and all the door knobs...pretty much anything that people grabbed or rubbed up against...lots of ruined clothes and zero humor

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-20-2004 02:28 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought you meant somebody vandalised the Vaseline by putting sand in it or something [Eek!] [evil]

that creates what we call an organ grinder [scream]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 05-20-2004 03:00 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am wondering what you say when the police walks in and you stand there, covered in vaseline from head to toe...
That doesn`t sound too gross though, compared to what I heard about people who smear crap everywhere!

Steven Privett
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-20-2004 04:12 AM      Profile for Steven Privett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That guys got too much time (and vaseline) on his hands.
I'm talking about Phil, not the motel guy.

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 05-20-2004 09:11 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would have been a better story if he had used Tiger Balm [evil]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: