Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Important Things In Life... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Important Things In Life...
Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 05-11-2004 06:59 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just listening to a tune called "Faster Horses" and it had some lyrics that I thought were very true in the grand scheme of things as to what is REALLY important in the mysteries of life:

Faster Horses.
Younger Women (or men).
Older Whiskey.
More Money!

Sad, but how true, huh? [beer] [Big Grin] [Razz]

>>> Phil

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-11-2004 09:29 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who gives a rat's ass about whiskey? Whoever likes it deserves to get a DUI. And people who get a DUI should be set on fire. I mean GEEEESH!

Phil likes beer in a dixie cup.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-11-2004 10:11 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Phil, that tune is about 20 years old. What 45-RPM-record-playing radio station are you listening to, anyway?)

We have a sign in the theatre which I've always liked. It was written in 1977 by my old boss. It reads:

ORDER OF IMPORTANCE
1. Your health
2. Your family
3. School
4. School-related activities (sports)
5. Your job here
6. Your friends
7. Your boyfriend/girlfriend
8. Fun

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-12-2004 01:03 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The real sad truth is that nothing actually matters. Everything will at some point no longer exist and it will as thought none of this ever happened.

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-12-2004 02:07 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THAT's cheery!

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

===============

Don't save your kisses - just pass 'em around
You'll find my reason - is logically sound
Who's gonna know that you passed them around
A hundred years from today
Why crave a penthouse - that's fit for a queen
You're nearer heaven - on mother Earth's green
If you had millions - what would they all mean
One hundred years from today?
So laugh and sing - make love the thing
Be happy while you may
There's always one - beneath the sun
Who's bound to make you feel that way
The moon is shining - and that's a good sign
Cling to me closer - say you'll be mine
Remember baby we won't see it shine
One hundred years from today
A hundred years from today!

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-12-2004 03:21 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no way any of the things in Mike's list would rank above friends and girlfriend. Those are the most important things in my life. Fun would be next on the list. I'm not gonna live forever, nor do I want to, so I am not super freaky about my health. I want to be fit so I can do things, but being a health nut is going too far. I don't care about complications later in life, because I will be murdered by then anyway. [Smile]

quote: William Hooper (who STILL doesn't have a member pic) wrote:
Don't save your kisses - just pass 'em around
You whore.

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-12-2004 06:44 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's more about slutting than whoring, I think.

================

I pardon that man's life. What was thy cause?
Adultery?
Thou shalt not die. Die for adultery? No.
The wren goes to't, and the small gilded fly
Does lecher in my sight.
Let copulation thrive; for Gloucester's bastard son
Was kinder to his father than my daughters
Got 'tween the lawful sheets.
To't, luxury, pell-mell! for I lack soldiers.
Behold yond simp'ring dame,
Whose face between her forks presageth snow,
That minces virtue, and does shake the head
To hear of pleasure's name.
The fitchew nor the soiled horse goes to't
With a more riotous appetite.

King Lear, Act IV, Scene 6

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 05-12-2004 07:14 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Gloucester! That's all I got out of that... [Big Grin]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-12-2004 09:05 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er ahhh, I will change that to the correct order... Mike you need to get a revised sign made up!!

ORDER OF IMPORTANCE
1. Your health
2. Your family
3. Friends
4. Fun
5. Your Job
6. School
7. School-related activities (sports)
Your boyfriend/girlfriend( actually #8 falls under friends so I dropped this one completely)

1. If you're not healthy none of the below matters.

2. Family first!

3. Your friends are almost as important as your family.

4. If you don't put fun on a regular basis you won't be worth anything at your job or in day to day life.

5. Jobs are important but are easily replacable to those that want one.

6. Become smart and know what you want.

7. Become competitive!

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 05-12-2004 09:26 AM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the lists after Phils are just too serious.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-12-2004 04:16 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not everybody's family is great. Some people have super crappy parents and families who act indifferent. Should family STILL be high on that list?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-12-2004 05:49 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that list was written with normal teenage pursuits in mind and written from the point of view of the boss. The average teen thinks "fun" is the most important thing in the world, but in the working world, having too much fun can be hazardous to your job!

And, to the average teenage girl, the boyfriend is more important than God, family, fun or anything else, so I suppose that's why it's got a separate place on the list.

But hey, I didn't write it...I just plagiarized it from a dead guy! [Smile]

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-12-2004 05:54 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SEX, CARS and ROCK'n'ROLL! [Big Grin] [beer] [thumbsup] [sex] [Eek!] [Wink]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 05-12-2004 06:41 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
What 45-RPM-record-playing radio station are you listening to, anyway?
Mine... I'm in the process of transfering over 5000 of my 45's to MP3's for listening to on my computers. Scratches, pops, compression, and all! [Smile]

Mike & Mark: The thing I think is sadly missing from your lists ...and should be in the #1 position is SEX! Without a heathly sex relationship, ya ain't got nuttin'! Use it or lose it! Hubba Hubba!

>>> Phil

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 05-12-2004 06:53 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil said"in the #1 position" you mean doing it in other positions doesn't count [sex] [Razz]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: