Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Tired of hard to eat chips? Try Rollitos! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Tired of hard to eat chips? Try Rollitos!
Nate Lehrke
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2004 03:04 AM      Profile for Nate Lehrke   Email Nate Lehrke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Dorito’s has unveiled there new chip, the Rollito! The main slogan of the marketing campaign is “Now your favorite snack is even easier to eat!” WTF! Since when has a chip been hard too eat! No more sharp edges on chips! Chips were dangerous until now. No wonder we're all fat!

[ 04-26-2004, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: Joe Redifer ]

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-26-2004 03:51 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take offense to the fact that they claim to know what MY favorite snack is! The audacity is overwhelming! My favorite snack happens to be cheeseburgers! They are already incredibly easy to eat (not too easy to digest, though, and incredibly difficult to eject, but it's worth it).

Also, even if chips were my favorite snack, do they really NEED to be easier to eat? "Oh man I'd love to eat some Doritos but it's just so difficult and perplexing!"

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2004 09:30 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been eating the Rollitos since they hit our local stores around a month and a half ago. I love the taco flavored ones. [Smile]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-26-2004 10:05 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok there Joe.... We ought to change your name to Whimpy! If you like really good burgers be sure to try one at the Red Lodge Cafe up here in Montana...... best I've ever had.

I still prefer good ole Ruffles since a single ruffle can hold several pounds of dip... those reinforcing ribs really do work [thumbsup]
Mark

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 04-26-2004 11:42 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no better burger than McDonalds double cheeseburger, and they are only $1. [thumbsup]

Whats so hard about eating regular Doritos that are usually all broken anyway??

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 04-26-2004 02:17 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just about quit eating Doritos when they rounded the corners off. They're just not the same.

Now I have to resort to eating rusty nails and little pieces of barbed wire dipped in hot sauce. [Wink]

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 04-26-2004 02:20 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jeremy Fuentes
There is no better burger than McDonalds double cheeseburger
Holy crap! You're kidding, right?

I can't stand Dorittos. They coat your mouth with that gross flavored powder that you can still taste two days later. [puke]

Sabritos are good, though! I just wish they were easier to eat! [Roll Eyes]

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 04-26-2004 03:44 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Couldn't tell ya'. Have hardly eaten any since the went with the safety corners.

Maybe it's because they changed the recipe too. I don't know for sure 'cuz I don't eat them anymore. They just don't make my boat float.

I'd rather eat dry matzohs without salt.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 04-26-2004 07:34 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, Jeremy is in TX, he just hasn't had the opportunity to experience the burger bliss that is INO...

Then again, they in TX (and a couple locations in OK, i believe) have the exclusivity of the Holy Grail of Tex-Mex fast food ... [Smile]

-Aaron

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 04-27-2004 06:20 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am pretty sure there are better burgers than McDonalds double cheeseburgers, but thats what I prefer, especially a few days from payday, when the pockets are almost empty. Im sure the in-n-out burgers are good, how bout someone mail me one!! By the way, I think Taco Cabana is crap. There are much better places for Mexican food here in Corpus. [thumbsup]

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2004 11:50 AM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Jeremy,

I have had several folks in Cali and Arizona tell me In and Out burgers rock. However in Corpus Christi, Wallbangers is the top burger since Price's clsoed way back in the early 80's. If you want a really good and greasy burger. Try the Bellaire or Hamlin Pharmacy. Both still have grill's in them.

As for Mexican Food: Old Mexico on Leopard wins hands down.

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 04-27-2004 11:53 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, Wallbangers is very good. I dont know about Price's since I was born in the early 80's. [Big Grin]

Yeah, Old Mexico is pretty good, but there is a new restaurant called Santiagos, which is my favorite. I dont know how new it is though.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2004 07:23 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From the in N out burger website

quote:
Our American cheese is the real thing.
[Confused] Isn't American cheese fake by definition?

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 04-27-2004 07:44 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice name for the restaurant, seeing how all food goes in-n-out. [puke]

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2004 08:46 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone tried the low carb Doritos yet, I've heard they were testing these somewhere.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: