Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Kodak Ektagraphic Arc Projector Power Supply schematic needed

Author Topic: Kodak Ektagraphic Arc Projector Power Supply schematic needed
William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2004 06:44 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know the whereabouts of a schematic & hopefully other manual stuff (pinouts, etc.) for the Kodak Ektagraphic Arc Projector Power Supply?

|  IP: Logged

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 04-23-2004 09:35 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a long time ago, but I'm trying to find it. Much documentation of earlier Kodak equipment was donated to the International Museum of Photography at the George Eastman House.

Kodak recently donated additional historical material to the University of Rochester:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/biznews/04167K3ULLU_business.shtml

quote:
(April 16, 2004) — Eastman Kodak Co. has donated to the University of Rochester a sweeping collection of documents and photographs that record the history of the company and photography.
The collection covers the role of Kodak during World War I and World War II, for example, and the growth of the company abroad. It includes speeches, serial publications, annual reports, and even files on cafeteria operations and picture contests.

UR’s Department of Rare Books and Special Collections at Rush Rhees Library will care for the collection, which is described as having millions of pages and photographs.

Kodak also has given its history of advertising collection to the George Eastman House and the International Museum of Photography and Film.

UR archives are open to the public.

”What you see in the photographs and documents are a tremendous tribute to Kodak workers throughout the 20th century,” said Nancy Martin, the university archivist.

Michael P. Morley, Kodak’s chief administrative officer, said the collections are “vital to the understanding of the growth of photography.”

Library staffers have only begun archiving the collection, some items of which will require restoration. Pieces will be included in a UR library exhibit marking the 150th anniversary of the birth of George Eastman this year. The UR Department of Rare Books also is considering an exhibition in 2006.

Fred Georges
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2004 09:55 AM      Profile for Fred Georges   Email Fred Georges   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only Kodak Ektagraphic arc projector(slides 35mm)that I'm aware of used a Marc 300 lamp. In which case a schematic for any GE Marc 300 power supply will do. To my knowledge only Strong, Christie, ORC, & Navitar ever made Xenon Arc slide projectors using the AF series of Kodak Carousel projectors. Did Kodak ever make one of their own? [Confused]

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2004 11:57 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that the only Ektagraphic Arc supplies I have seen are actually Marc lamp supplies from General Electric. Schematics are on the "Equipment Manuals" cd rom at www.film-center.com

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 04-23-2004 11:40 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should be able to reverse engineer that thing without too much problem. After all, it is more than likely a stupid DC power supply with a boost circuit.

Jon Miller
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2004 01:03 AM      Profile for Jon Miller   Email Jon Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's some food for thought from a Hell and Bowell power supply service manual dated 12/1967. The design should be similar to your power supply...

-

Be careful...the supply kicks out a 9kV starting pulse when energized. [Eek!]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: