Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Multi VCR recording off RF signal

Author Topic: Multi VCR recording off RF signal
Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2004 09:50 AM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need to sometimes record different languages off a single RF satellite source (showing the same Program) , and at present using 3 separate VCRs on 3 separate RF outlets , what I want to do is stack the VCRs and feed to a common Monitor off one RF outlet, at present the reason for separate locations is that some of the VCRs do not have their remotes so I'm not able to tune the units into the channels with the languages , so am using the RCA connections and tuning the TVs to the required language station and recording that way .....Question is if I am able to tune the VCRs to the different language channels and leave them to record , is there a easy way to monitor the recording of each channel without disturbing the set up ????

|  IP: Logged

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 04-22-2004 08:27 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
huh?

very lost.

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 04-23-2004 04:07 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think what your trying to say is that you'd like a way to monitor three vcrs, recording the same program in different languages, on one monitor using rca inputs. No problem.

Go out to Radio Shack and pick up an RCA video selcetor. Come off each vcr into this box, and send the output to your television. Durring the recording switch the box back and forth between the inputs to monitor the recording on each individual vcr.

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2004 03:08 AM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You got it Mike , What I want to do is stack the VCRs (to save having the VCRs spread to other RF outlets)and run the RF from one VCR to the next and tune in all the channels to each VCR ,then select ....English , Tongan and Chinese for each VCR so that I can label each for it's own language ,that would give me 3 copies of the same program but different language ... but I want to be able to monitor the recordings without having to run a monitor of each VCR . [thumbsup]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: