Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Will Catwoman Be One of the Worst Movies EVER? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Will Catwoman Be One of the Worst Movies EVER?
Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-20-2004 03:15 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

"Paws Off"? What the hell? Halle looks horrid in this. Look at that costume! She is nothin' but bones. And the story isn't even about the real Catwoman, but someone else entirely.

I've got a bad feeling about this. Of course I didn't expect anything of this anyway!

|  IP: Logged

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 04-20-2004 03:19 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the font...

>>> Phil

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 04-20-2004 03:44 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap! When I saw that picture you posted, I initially thought it was a joke!

That is terrible.

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-20-2004 03:53 AM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They should have used Michelle Pfeiffer again, in the same costume from "batman returns". That was HOT!! [evil]

danny

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-20-2004 04:03 AM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I gave this a large round of apathy

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 04-20-2004 04:18 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mieow!

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 04-20-2004 04:19 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how many Imax theatres are gonna get suckered into this one. I hadn't even heard of the movie until the DMR press release was issued. That can't be a good thing.

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 04-20-2004 06:52 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I first heard that Halle Berry was going to be playing Catwoman, I couldnt wait to see it. Now after seeing that pic, I CAN wait. A very long time. [thumbsdown]

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 04-20-2004 08:46 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the director's second film as a director. He mostly works as a Visual Effects Director. Pitof's last film as a director was "Vidocq" (2001).

I think I can wait till cable and few [beer] .

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 04-20-2004 10:37 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............

-

What is this movie about?

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 04-20-2004 11:15 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Plot outline: Shy and sensitive Patience Prince is transformed into Catwoman, with the speed, reflexes, and senses of a cat. using her newfound powers she walks a thin line between criminal and hero, even as a detective doggedly pursues her, fascinated by both of her personas.
from imdb

Looks more like an Ex-Bond Girl looking for Revenge on the producers of this.

And the Best Costume Oscar for Wardrobe Malfunction goes too.....

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-20-2004 12:20 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What ruins that onesheet Joe posted is the "Paws off!" tag. That takes any "menace" away from the image and makes it look like a kiddie flick, when it's supposed to be going for the teen/adult adventure "Batman" fans.

When the marketing blitz kicks in, it will have a gigantic opening weekend, all due to Ms. Berry and her costumes. (How many guys went to the last James Bond flick just to see her in that bikini?) Then it will drop like a load of cat poop.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-20-2004 12:53 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I like the font...
I guess one of these days bad movies will kill Trajan.

An even worse choice is the font for "Paws Off". An alternate version of Avant Garde. Very 1970's looking. Kinda like a Maybelline commercial.

If it had been me doing the design work, I would have developed a custom logo for the "Catwoman" tag; something tough and perhaps even a little futuristic looking --like proper comic book font title design should be. Then you would need an angry "dry brush" ragged type font for the "paws off" tag. Perhaps something like ITC's fonts, Arid, Choc or Kick.

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-20-2004 01:43 PM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are more pictures taken directly from the set:

-

http://www.hollywoodnorthreport.com/pages/c/C8a.htm

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 04-20-2004 01:55 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ron -- that site is a "pop up" trap. [Frown]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: