Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Stupid People Tricks - Little stories of little common sense

Author Topic: Stupid People Tricks - Little stories of little common sense
John Walsh
Film God

- posted 04-15-2004 09:02 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine works for the post office and related this ...

A women came in to the PO with 500 envelopes to mail. She had run them through a postage machine which stamps the postage on the envelope. Problem was, the envelopes were colored the same shade of red as the stamp. My friend said you could see that something was printed there, but could not actually read anything. They rejected the lot. Obviously, she was upset, and wanted them to do a forensic analysis on each one to prove her right.

|  IP: Logged

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2004 12:29 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend was on duty in the main computer lab on a quiet afternoon he noticed a young woman sitting in front of one of the workstations with her arms crossed across her chest, staring at the screen.
After about 15 minutes he noticed that she was still in the same position, only now she was impatiently tapping her foot.
Finally, he approached her and asked if she needed help. She replied, "It's about time! I pressed the F1 button over twenty minutes ago!"

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2004 06:29 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am always reluctant to believe any stories that begin with "My friend saw..." or any variation there of.

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2004 03:20 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A call from a lady to a PC technician.

Lady - Hello I try to update my Windows XP but I cannot do it.
Tech - Where are you trying it update it from?
Lady - From that globe at the bottom right
Tech - Well and what does it say?
Lady - It cannot Update because I am not connected to the internet.
Tech - Do you have an internet connection?
Lady - What is that?
Tech - Do you get e-mails?
Lady - Yes I do get e-mails.
Tech - How do you get your e-mails?
Lady - I go to the local internet cafe and go to my Hotmail account.
Tech - Ok Don't you get e-mails from home?
Lady - Well I was told I could get but I don't know how.
Tech - Do you have an icon with a telephone and two PC's on you desktop?
Lady - What is a desktop?
Tech - Your screen madam. Your screen
Lady - No I have a note telling me I cannot update because I am not connected.
Tech - Well press the X button of that window.
Lady - Won't it delete everything I have??
Tech - Lady just do it for God sake.
Lady - Ok I did it. I now see a telephone with Two PCS saying "shortcut to my connection"
Tech - Haven't you ever pressed them?
Lady - I never press things I don't know what their use is.
Tech - Well double click it.
Lady - I did and the Pc makes funny noises
Tech - What noises?
Lady - It sounds like cracking??
Tech - just wait
Lady - How long?
Tech - FOREVER!!!! Wait lady.
Lady - Now I see two PC on the bottom right.
Tech - Praise the lord. You are connected. Now press the globes to update
Lady - Oh its working now. Thank you.

A PC TECH's call

I always enjow when someone states some really ridiculous calls for cinema support
D

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 04-17-2004 03:23 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Around this time last year I got on a London-bound express train at York and took a seat in the so-called 'quiet carriage', in which the use of mobile 'phones and walkmans is not allowed. A few seconds after sitting down a mobile started ringing, belonging to the lady sitting opposite me. I decided to let her make her call and then politely remind her about the 'quiet' bit, and was then subjected to three minutes or so of speculation as to whether or not one of her colleagues was having an affair with another. The train started moving as she finished the call, and I tapped her on the shoulder gently and pointed to the 'no mobiles' notice stuck on the window. 'Oh, shit!' she exclaimed, which I took as being a guilty realisation about the 'phone call. In fact, she was looking at the station sign on the other side of the window, as the train was gathering speed.

What she had realised was that while she was engrossed in office gossip, she had failed to get off the train at her intended destination, and that it was now going non-stop to London, 185 miles away! Furthermore, she ended up having to pay £130 in excess fares. [Big Grin]

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 04-17-2004 10:01 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am always reluctant to believe any stories that begin with "My friend saw..." or any variation there of.
I am always reluctant to believe anything from anyone that doesn't have a picture. [evil]

While I was working as a computer tech, I had to deal with a customer that was having problems with the software that she purchased from our firm. First of all she wanted free help getting it installed and second of all she wanted a free update for the software.

The software she had purchased nearly 30 months previously, but had not bothered to install it yet. The real problem is that not only did our firm no longer sell the software, we never supported it either, because it was MCAFFEE virus software, and we were a credit union software company. We only provided it as a convenience at one point, but never supported it.

Now she wanted our help installing it, a free update, and didn't want to pay any fee for our help at all, because she purchased it from us.

No matter how much help I offered in connecting her with Mcaffee to get this done, she was not satisfied. She didn't want thier help, she wanted ours, even though it wasn't our software. And she wanted US to pay for the update to the software, even though it wasn't our software, and she wanted our help installing it, even though it wasn't our software.

She filed a complaint with the director of my department. I recieved a written warning for not helping her as she had demanded, and for sighing heavily into the phone. Apparently breathing is not allowed when your customer is upset. I was instructed to help her as she had been demanding.

I took that written warning out of my supervisors hand, marched into the company presidents office and said "Hugh, this warning says I have to help Kathy out at her office install and update Mcaffee software for free, and we don't support this stuff, so do you want me to do this or what?"

Well he said we don't support this software, got the customer on the phone and explained this to her and that we cannot do this for her as we are not the author of this software, do not support it, never did, and that we cannot give updates to software that we do not support or author, because we do not have it nor are we authorized to do so, and that Mcaffee would be glad to help her if she would like to go that route.

She finally accepted this from our president, the warning I recieved was torn up in front of my supervisors face, and I returned to work.

I am not sure who was more stupid, the customer who wanted what we didn't have, or my supervisor for instisting that I provide to the customer what we didn't have.

Ciao

dave

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: