Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Happy, Jesus was a Zombie Day (aka: I just want a freakin' breakfast burrito) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Happy, Jesus was a Zombie Day (aka: I just want a freakin' breakfast burrito)
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2004 12:49 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And on the third day Jesus arose from the dead, and ascended in to heaven.

But before he left he apparently ate all the food in the coffee shops and bakeries. Thus began the tradition of closing on Easter.

I'm so hungry. I went out this morning and tried to get a breakfast burrito but the shop was closed. I then went to the bakery where they make a killer egg sandwich, but they were closed. Then I went to the coffee shop, but they were closed.

I'm not sure where the egg laying bunnies come in to play?

|  IP: Logged

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 04-11-2004 12:55 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quick! Charter a jet from Santa Rosa to here Ian. Gorgeous breakfast buffets all over town here today. [Big Grin]

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2004 01:55 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Religous discussions will not be tolerated on Film-Tech, Especially not Egg Sandwich Worshiping religions! [Razz]

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 04-11-2004 02:05 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The title of this thread seems inflammatory, especially since the discussion is actually about a food-finding problem.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-11-2004 02:55 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For Ian Food is a religious experience [Smile]

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2004 03:41 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amen! Brother.

The burrito shop opened later and I was sated with a breakfast burrito with chorizo. [Big Grin]

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2004 03:47 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This thread needs to win the award for best title! [thumbsup] I love it!
Many things are open around here.

danny

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 04-11-2004 04:43 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't believe that it matters whether or not you think it's a cool title. The rules clearly state that religion is a no-no.

The assertion that "Jesus was a Zombie" is bound to offend some members -- particularly on Easter Sunday -- and I credit Ian with enough common sense to realize this.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 04-11-2004 04:48 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree one hundred percent with Manny. I WAS very offended by the title of this thread and it was not funny at all! [Frown]

I have posted a proper titled thread with a very cute Easter greeting a friend sent me yesterday. I enjoyed it very much and I hope do too.

-Claude

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 04-11-2004 07:13 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You mean you can't talk about the historical Jesus either?

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2004 07:18 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't sweat it Claude. It only confirms what was prophesied about the way people would behave in the end-times.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-11-2004 07:30 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG OMG OMFG!!!! You heard him! It's the end of the world!!!!!!!!!! I guess that means prices will be pretty low and I can score some good deals on stuff.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 04-11-2004 07:58 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Jesus was a glass of rum with fruit juice and apricot liqueur? Sweet!

zombie n A dead body that has been brought back to life by a supernatural force [syn: the living dead]

I don't see what the problem is, other than some people need to either get a sense of humour and stop whining about everything that offends them or crawl back under the rock.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2004 08:09 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am only offended by the notion that anyone would be brought back from the dead.

Great title in my opinion. I love being politically incorrect [thumbsup]

This Just come through on CNN: Historians have just discovered that human beings, particularly the male gender, have been dicks since the beginning of time. Noone acts any differently now than they did 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, or 10,000 years ago.

I hope this thread will be closed, FT is one place I like to come without having to worry about getting religion crammed down my throat.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 04-11-2004 08:37 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is not about religion. It's about Ian not being able to find a breakfast burrito today. Manny chose to take it off-topic rather than emailing a moderator with his concerns, which is what he should have done.

Any further discussion of anything other than finding breakfast on a holiday in this thread will result in a stoning.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: