Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Idiot Kicks Dog Like A Football (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Idiot Kicks Dog Like A Football
Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-08-2004 10:48 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a news item that shows some people have no sense of deceny or even shame (copied from the CNN website):

quote:
NASHVILLE, Tennessee (AP) -- A man was arrested on charges of killing his neighbor's 17-year-old dog by place-kicking it like a football.

Chad Daniel Crawford, 23, was charged with cruelty to animals and vandalism Tuesday in the death of Gizmo, a 2-pound miniature Yorkshire terrier. Crawford was freed on $25,000 bail.

Jalani Lewis said he was in his apartment complex when he saw one of three men holding the dog like a football and then saw Crawford kick the animal.

Lewis said the dog flew through the air in a high arc, hit the pavement and rolled under a parked car. The dog was apparently dead when it hit the ground and the men were laughing, Lewis said.

Crawford said the accusations were false but declined further comment.

Obviously the dog's owner was not around to prevent this cruel act of stupidity from happening. The three men involved should be very seriously investigated. Cruelty to animals is a common trait to serial killers and other sociopaths.

What do you do to keep some morons from kicking a neighbor's dog to death? If it had happened in front of my house, I would have had the option to videotape the culprits. But more likely I would have been rushing out there with my Ithaca shotgun to prevent the incident from happening and to hold those bastards at bay until the cops arrived.

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-08-2004 11:05 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was feeding my friend's pigs over the weekend when one of the pigs suddenly bit me. I've got a nasty looking bite on my leg.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 04-08-2004 11:16 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Animal cruelty:

http://www.cfhs.ca/Programs/HumaneEducation/ViolenceLink/ccbackgrounder4.htm

quote:
FBI and Scotland Yard recognize that violence towards animals is one of five key indicators of a person who will commit violent acts against people. A past history of violence is a predictor of future aggression...

Animal abusers often suffer from low self-esteem, a history of family abuse, frustration and an inability to manage anger. Childhood cruelty may provide a child with a sense of power and mastery over animals. Typical factors are revenge, retaliation, intimidation, deviant arousal or peer pressure.

In one American study, 118 out of 135 criminals, including robbers and rapists, admitted that when they were children, they had burned, hanged and stabbed domestic animals.

78% of 63 people charged with animal cruelty had also been charged with violence or threats of violence against people (Jim McIsaac, Winnipeg Police Services).

http://www.charitywire.com/charity9/05108.html

quote:
States are increasingly mandating felony-level convictions for animal cruelty in response to research indicating that people who are violent to animals are likely to be violent to humans -- a correlation commonly referred to as the Link. Suzanne Barnard, American Humane's vice president of public policy, will present research that shows premeditated torture or killing of animals is often a predictor of other types of violent behavior, such as child abuse, domestic violence, gang activity, and satanic ritual. In fact, the association between criminal violence and animal abuse is so common the FBI's profiles of serial killers include histories of animal abuse.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 04-08-2004 11:38 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was feeding my friend's pigs over the weekend when one of the pigs suddenly bit me. I've got a nasty looking bite on my leg.

I hope you got it treated.... [Eek!]

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 04-08-2004 12:23 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See a doctor! [Eek!] Pigs can transmit a variety of diseases to humans, including rabies:

http://www.crt-online.org/pigs.html

quote:
Public Health Issues Posed by the Use of Porcine Xenografts
T a b l e 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bacterial Pathogens of Pigs Capable of Transmission to Humans Following Xenotransplantation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actinobacillus
Actinomyces pyogenes
Brucella suis
Campylobacter coli
Campylobacter jejuni
Chlamydia psittaci
Clostridium perfringens
Clostridium septicum
Clostridium tetani
Corynebacterium suis
Enterobacteriaceae
Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae
Haemophilius species
Leptospira interrogans
Listeria monocytogenes
Mycobacterium avium
Mycobacterium bovis
Mycobacterium tuberculosis
Mycobacterium fortuitum
Pasteurella multocida
Pseudomonas aeruginosa
Pseudomonas pseudomallei
Salmonella cholerasuis
Salmonella typhimurium
Shigella species
Staphylococcus aureus
Streptococcus species
Yersinia enterocolitica
Yersinia pseudotuberculosis

Source: Dominic C. Borie, et al, "Microbiological Hazards Related to Xenotransplantation of Porcine Organs Into Man," Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology, Vol. 19, No. 5 (May 1998): 357.

T a b l e 2
Fungal, Parasitic, and Other Microbial Agents of Pigs Capable of Transmission to Humans Following Xenotransplantation

Fungi Parasites and Protozoa Others
Aspergillus species Ascaris suum Prions
Candida albicans Babesia species Unknown agents
Coccidioides immitis Balantidium coli
Cryptococcus neoformans Capillaria hepatica
Histoplasma capsulatum Clonorchis sinesis
Microsporum nanum Cryptosporidium species
Petriellidium boydii Echinococcus granulosa
Prototheca Enlamoeba histolytica
Sporothrix schenkii Entamoeba polecki
Zygomyceles Fasciola hepatica
Nocardia asteroides Isospora species
Paragonimus westermani
Pneumocystis carinii
Sarcocystis species
Schistosoma species
Strongyloidews ransomi
Taenia species
Toxoplasma gondii
Trypanosoma cruzi
Trichinella spiralis

Source: Dominic C. Borie, et al, "Microbiological Hazards Related to Xenotransplantation of Porcine Organs Into Man," Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology, Vol. 19, No. 5 (May 1998): 358.

T a b l e 3
Porcine Viruses Capable of Transmission to Humans Following Xenotransplantation

Porcine adenovirus
Porcine cytomegalovirus
Porcine rotavirus
Porcine endogenous and exogenous retroviruses
Aujeszky's disease virus
Japanese encephalitis virus
Encephalomyocarditis virus
Vesicular stomatitis virus
Swine vesicular disease virus
Foot-and-mouth disease virus
Rabies virus
Swine influenza virus
Swine parainfluenza-1 virus
[Malaysian "Nipah" virus]
[Australian Paramyxovirus]

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 04-08-2004 12:25 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, man! Pigs, when kept clean, aren't really as nasty as many people think but, to be honest, a big pile of shit [bs] smells like Chanel No. 5 to a pig!

Antiseptic and a tetanus shot is in order if you're not up to date, even if the bite isn't bad enough to warrant stitches or other medical attention!

Come to think of it, let's take ol' Mr. Chad "Tennessee Trash" Crawford and let him go three rounds with a pen full of pigs like in the movie, "Hannibal"! That'll fix his little red wagon! [evil]

[ 04-08-2004, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Randy Stankey ]

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 04-08-2004 01:27 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was very heart breaking to hear about that idiot kicking and killing a neighbor's dog in Tennessee. On another incident regarding 'Men's best friend', anyone hear and know the condition of the dog in California that was bitten twice by a Rattlesnake when he tried to protect his master, a little boy? The news with a video clip was featured on the CNN web site yesterday. The dog was reported in very serious condition and has a fifty percent chance to survive. As far as the man who kicked his neighbor's dog, I hope he is prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

-Claude

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-08-2004 01:54 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a link to the story (with pictures!) from the Tennesean:
http://www.tennessean.com/local/archives/04/04/49497774.shtml?Element_ID=49497774

The way it describes the incident, you can't help but laugh. They go as far as to describe the arc the dog took and how the owner's eyes followed it through the air. Honestly, do we need that kind of description?

It's truly sick when someone does something like that to a small helpless animal, but there are a few points which make my sympathize with the owners a little less.

First off, it was a Yorkshire terrier, by far one of the most annoying dogs on the planet. Their incessent barking, running and nipping at the ankles, combined with its convenient football size and weight, could cause an unstable and irrational human being to snap and just punt the damn thing.

Second, the poor thing was 17 years old. I bet it was secretly hoping that someone would come along and just put it out of its misery one day. My ex girlfriend had a 15 1/2 year old Jack Russel and the thing was losing its hair AND its teeth. Its muddled and stressed barks echoed the plea of "kill me... kill me please..."

Third, the picture of Gizmo on the news website is CLEARLY an old picture. I'm sure at 17 that dog didn't look so cute and lovable, and that undermines Crawford's case.

Now before everyone goes more Ballistic than the people who produced Ecks vs Sever, I am in no way condoning what happened to the dog. I mean, the bastards killed something that couldn't defend itself in a despicable manner. But as far as people saying they "can't understand" why someone would do something like that, I provide these thoughts.

=TMP=

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 04-08-2004 02:05 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The way it describes the incident, you can't help but laugh.
[Frown] I find nothing to laugh about. It brings tears to my eyes. [Frown]

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 04-08-2004 02:09 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe someone can hold these people down and let the owner kick them a couple times. [Mad] Then we'll see if its so funny after that.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 04-08-2004 02:24 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose Thomas could be the victim of "Reaction Formation", whereby one who is upset by an idea exhibits an opposite reaction to what one might expect. It's sort of like the way we feel afraid of nuclear war but make jokes about it as if to say, "If I laugh about war people won't think I'm afraid of getting nuked."

However, I have to agree with Thomas on one point. Keeping an animal alive when it is clearly too old and in too much pain to live a productive life anymore is immoral. Although I am against euthanasia when an animal isn't sick or injured, there's nothing wrong with giving it medication to make it comfortable until death comes naturally.

It's no excuse to torture an animal but I have to wonder why somebody would let a dog that old run around the neighborhood by itself without supervision.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-08-2004 05:49 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
17 years is not an extreme age for a Yorkshire Terrier. There's no reason to put down an elderly dog just because it's old. You put it to sleep when its kidneys fail or something specific like that.

Like John, I find absolutely nothing to laugh about from that incident. Frankly, I'm quite amazed the dog's owners were able to restrain themselves from beating the living shit out of that mutant asshole that killed the dog. Hopefully the judge will give the perpetrator the maximum sentence on that felony vandalism charge.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 04-08-2004 06:55 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was a horrible case, about a year back, of a teenage drug addict in Sunderland (north-east England) who, to spite the girlfriend he'd had an argument with, threw her cat off the 19th floor roof of her council block. I only hope that the courts which had to deal with him realised that if he was capable of doing that to one living creature, he's probably capable of doing it to another - who might be a human.

Roger Katz
Film Handler

- posted 04-08-2004 10:12 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The dog probably deserved it. I'd kill my neighbor's dog in an instant if I knew I could get away with it. A human being can only take the barking for hours and hours upon end and the being awoken at 11 PM, 4 AM, and 7 AM all in one night by barking and howling for so long.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-08-2004 10:22 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roger, I know how you feel. But the dog doesn't know any better. Your neighbor needs the pummeling. Not the dog. He (or she) is the dumbass leaving the dog outside all hours of the night.

IMHO, if someone feels the need to keep their dog or cat outside 24/7 they don't need a pet in the first place. Pets should be able to be indoors. Not just for the neighborhood's peace and quiet, but also for the animal's health.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: