Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » so...I bought a new SUV..

Author Topic: so...I bought a new SUV..
Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2004 12:01 PM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I traded in my 1997 Ford Explorer for a new 2004 FORD ESCAPE..and the salesman is showing me the interior of the vehicle and then he pops the hood to show me the engine and other things under the hood..So he is showing me the engine..and I look at the firewall of the truck..and I said to the salesman..does that say what i think it says?? [Eek!] [Eek!] I took a picture today to show you what it says...

-

The salesman said it must have come from the factory like that...
someone must have been having a really bad day...

|  IP: Logged

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 04-06-2004 02:02 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm callin' your bluff. [Smile] Where's your full resolution file of that... I want to have it blown up.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2004 02:58 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dont forget to include yourself in the picture so that we will know who the heck that SUV belongs to. Otherwise we will know you are lying. [evil]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-06-2004 04:56 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is well known that Fords assembled on Mondays (or any other day) are not reliable. I bet this one was assembled on a Monday by a very unhappy worker. It probably has ZERO reliability. Take it back now!

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-06-2004 05:03 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the photo is a fake, I would say "good job" to whoever Photoshopped it. University Roman is kind of an odd font choice for that phrase. Maybe the disgruntled labeler didn't have Trajan loaded onto his computer.

After seeing "Call 1-800 GO PENIS" on the back of a Ryder truck, I think anything is possible for graphics vandalism.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

- posted 04-06-2004 05:40 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen the pic before, it's real (I have a labeler that does Univerity Roman), just not the story.

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2004 06:30 PM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a REAL picture from my REAL 2004 Ford Escape.
And, as my friends would tell you, I couldn't
"Photoshop" anything if I wanted to! I'll take
some more pictures and post them to convince
everyone..OR if you are in the RHODE ISLAND area,
stop by and I will show it to you! Maybe Bob
Maar could stop by when he is in Newport for
the weekend! Do I get a prize when I prove it
is REAL??

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

- posted 04-06-2004 06:42 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We'll send you a REAL picture of a REAL prize.

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 04-06-2004 08:40 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like it was made on a P-Touch.

A really nice P-Touch.

With lots of fonts...

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-06-2004 09:43 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, you can take a picture of a label on your truck but you can't take a picture of you?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: