Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Your Website (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Your Website
Braden Mailloux
Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2004 01:16 AM      Profile for Braden Mailloux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please let me make some new graphics for your site... dear god. This site looks circa 1995.

|  IP: Logged

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 04-02-2004 01:26 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tick...tick...tick...

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 04-02-2004 01:34 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lets see, you were what, 9 in 1995. I'm sure you've got a perfect recollection of what the internet looked like in 1995. [Roll Eyes]

Anyone using Lynx knows it's all about the content anyway.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 04-02-2004 01:52 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh NO! ***ANOTHER*** "Brainiac"!

>>> Phil

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 04-02-2004 02:18 AM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On an earlier incarnation of my own website (The WBW), I had a link on the index page, under the main "ENTER" link, which read "2400 baud modem users enter here", which took you to a page I designed strictly to look like a no-content, no-graphics, gray-background, Times-New-Roman, no-margins, horizontal-bars-everywhere type site, circa 1994-95. Of course it was all for humouristic effect (and I know that modems had surpassed 2400 baud by then ... BARELY) and I got several laughs for it. Parodies are fun.

In fact, I should mock up another one for my current site ... it'll be fun.

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2004 02:49 AM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Film-Tech has a basic, simple layout. It makes it easy to find information and to navigate. Flash or Dreamweaver or any of that glitzy crap probably just eats unnecessary bandwidth anyways.

If you have a problem with the graphics, speak with Joe [Wink]

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 04-02-2004 02:53 AM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm all for simple, basic, straightforward, efficient website design. Although, I do have a thing against frames. [Razz]

Concerning "fancy" and "high-tech" websites ... well, if I get one more damned RUNTIME ERROR ... Argh! And re-installing Explorer hasn't worked. Simple layouts rule!

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 04-02-2004 02:53 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Ron, Joe ONLY speaks to people that have over 400 posts. He's one arrogant SOB!

But! Brad and/or Adam will speak to "anyone" ... including myself. [Wink]

>>> Phil

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 04-02-2004 03:05 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe is my official spokesperson. He says the things that I would never dare think of to begin with, yet wonder what it would be like to say them and get away with it.

Joe is my hero. [sex]

Dave

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-02-2004 03:13 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Go ahead and make some. Either they will be good and we will use them or they will suck and we will ridicule you for them. Just remember, you started it! [evil]

Regardless, there will be no damned Flash or nonsense like that. This website is for the spread of information, not to look all snazzy and pretty.

In the meantime, read the FAQ about teaser subject titles.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 04-02-2004 04:31 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
What? NO FLASH! Damn! I want the Badgers!

>>> Phil

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2004 05:33 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you just love it when Brad pops in and informs everyone of Teaser titles??? I DO. Joe will pop in a while saying that if anyone alters his logos and layout he will pop there and give them one of his special Booth Training programs!!!
Good luck to you. If your logos don't come out well remember that Brad will be the first to ridicule you. I will try to be the second [Smile]

Mike Williams
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2004 09:59 AM      Profile for Mike Williams   Email Mike Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to add some cool flash, be sure there is a Film-tech version of this one..... Zombo.com

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2004 10:08 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This site is perfectly fine the way it is. I absolutely hate FLASH and all that fancy-schmancy crap.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 04-02-2004 10:29 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FT is meant to look boring. If you want some good graphics go to Phil's sex den. Oh wait, it's not there anymore. Nevermind...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: