Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What do these dreams mean?? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What do these dreams mean??
Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 03-29-2004 02:02 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These are not necessarily projectionists dreams, as I have seen here in the past. But one has to do with the theater. I keep dreaming of the same movie theater, whether its watching a movie there or working there. I've never been there before, but its the same theater every time. The lobby looks a little like the one that used to be here UA Cinema 4. Todd Parr knows what I'm talking about. But I know its not that one, because its different on the outside. Plus, there is a ladder behind one of the screens with access to the booth. I dont think any theaters have that, do they? The other dream I used to have is of a neighborhood that I think I was living in. It was the same neighborhood everytime, but I've lived in the same house my whole life. Funny thing is, I actually saw this neighborhood, or one alot like it, on a trip out of town. How crazy is that? Any idea what all this means?

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 03-29-2004 02:47 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
It means that next time Scott Neff and/or I are in Corpus, we're going to get a photo tour of your theater and you will realize what dorks we are.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 03-29-2004 04:32 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One time I had a dream that I woke up and went into the bathroom but when my feet hit the floor it had magically grown into a carpet of briars. My bare feet kept getting caught up in the thorns. No matter how I tried to move, they kept sticking into my toes. It hurt!

Then I woke up. I had to take a leak. I wanted to go to the bathroom. I tried to roll out of bed and found my cat sitting on the bed down by my feet. He was making a game out of batting at my feet and clawing me in the toes when I reflexively moved my feet while sleeping!

That game ended quickly!... DAMN CAT!!... Boot!!... MEOW!!! [evil]

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-29-2004 05:10 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You see, the thing about a dream is that when you wake up, you only remember what you think you saw. Therefore, you dont always remember the exact dream but your own twist on it.

It is also important to remeber that in your dreams things are not always as they are in reality. You must have remembered the inside of this theater, possibly from a childhood visit. The fact that the outside is different indicates that you feel as if you are a different person on the inside than the outside, or what people see you as. Same thing with the ladder behind the screen, very obvious, you are BEHIND a screen but you are trying to get out.

The dream about your neighborhood indicates a sexuality problem, see Phill's personal thread. [evil] Not Serious of course.

Or they could jsut be dreams and dont mean anything.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 03-29-2004 06:55 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy, I played the role of Joseph in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat so I'm somewhat more qualified than the rest of these bozos.

Assuming that these dreams are not the product of "day residue" we can look to the iconography contained within your dream(s) to decode what they might possibly mean.

quote:
I keep dreaming of the same movie theater, whether its watching a movie there or working there. I've never been there before, but its the same theater every time. The lobby looks a little like the one that used to be here UA Cinema 4.
It may not matter which theatre you are dreaming about. More importantly, what is the condition of the theatre. Is it new or old? Is it well-maintained? Is it operating or closed down? Are there any movies playing? Devoid of customers, or busy? Also, how do you feel about this place when you are in the dream (as well as in real life)?

quote:
Plus, there is a ladder behind one of the screens with access to the booth. I dont think any theaters have that, do they?
Do you interact with this ladder in your dream, or do you only see it?

quote:
The other dream I used to have is of a neighborhood that I think I was living in.
Same as with the theatre -- describe this neighborhood and how you felt about it.

quote:
How crazy is that?
I don't know yet.

quote:
Any idea what all this means?
I don't know yet.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 03-29-2004 07:29 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It has been over a decade since I graduated from college. But on an odd night once in a couple months I'll have a dream that there's a gigantic project I have to finish. I've been up all night. The project has to be done or I don't graduate. The sun is rising and class starts in only 2 hours.

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 03-29-2004 08:57 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The dream means that subconsciously, you want to give Olpin a few million dollars to finance the start of the new Olpin Cinemas chain.

Hey, it was worth a try! [Big Grin]

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 03-29-2004 09:45 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This isn't going to answer your question, but if you're having recurring dreams, what you should do is try to train yourself to recognize when it's happening. If you do that, then you will eventually realize you are dreaming while you're dreaming. And if you can do THAT (without waking yourself up), then you can take control of the dream and do literally anything you want in the dream.

Read more about it here if you're interested.

Cheers.

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 03-29-2004 09:46 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the help guys.

Manny said:
quote:
It may not matter which theatre you are dreaming about. More importantly, what is the condition of the theatre. Is it new or old? Is it well-maintained? Is it operating or closed down? Are there any movies playing? Devoid of customers, or busy? Also, how do you feel about this place when you are in the dream (as well as in real life)?
It is an operating theater. Come to think of it, it looks like an updated version of the previous theater. More auditoriums, stadium seating, etc.

quote:
Do you interact with this ladder in your dream, or do you only see it?
I actually have to climb this ladder to access the booth.

quote:
describe this neighborhood and how you felt about it.

In the dreams I was younger, and always going to the park to play basketball. I really liked the fact that the park was so close to the house.

Mike said:

quote:
The dream means that subconsciously, you want to give Olpin a few million dollars to finance the start of the new Olpin Cinemas chain.

The check is in the mail. But its postdated, sorry. [thumbsup]

Manny Knowles

- posted 03-30-2004 02:06 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy, the theatre dream appears to be centred around the advancement of your career.
The building (a theatre) could represent your career or, if you're always there it could represent your present life. It's a good sign that the building is operating and in good condition (bigger, more auditoriums) because the condition of rooms and buildings is often indicative of how we perceive our situation. You seem to have a positive outlook on your career. It's certainly a relief that you are climbing UP that ladder in the dream.

I wonder if you've got your eye on a promotion?

As for the neighborhood dream, my gut reaction is that you are not having a flashback to your youth but, rather, your mind is racing toward the future. That neighborhood seems to have a sense of innocence and warmth. Would you agree that it's a "family" neighborhood? Maybe you're planning to start a family. That kid in the dream is not you. That would most likely be your offspring.

The major themes here are: job security, a home of your own, and 2.4 kids.

Well....

...Isn't that the "American Dream" ?

[ 03-30-2004, 03:56 AM: Message edited by: Manny Knowles ]

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 03-30-2004 06:10 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wonder if you've got your eye on a promotion?

As a matter of fact I do. I'm trying to become the tech for our theaters.

quote:
The major themes here are: job security, a home of your own, and 2.4 kids.

Job Security-Got it, somewhat, but looking for more money.
A Home-Once the money comes.
2.4 kids-I have 2.0 kids, thus the reason I am looking for more
money.

Thanks for the help there, buddy! [thumbsup]

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-30-2004 12:59 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh, that was such a detailed account of Jeremy's life. It is so wonderful that Jeremy is the only person that is looking to succeed in his life and his career and he wants a happy future. Dream interpreters do just like John Edwards, give vauge ideas and let the person tell the story. Get real.

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 03-30-2004 01:12 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like I fell victim to his evil plot to get me to tell my life story so that it matches his interpretations making me believe he is smarter than he really is causing me to never trust him again and to not posting anything on Film-Tech ever again. Thanks for the help Chris, I would be lost without you. [Big Grin]

Edit: Actually, Chris your interpretations were pretty good to. Maybe you and Manny are working together, and you would have gotten away with it too, if it werent for...nevermind. [thumbsup]

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-30-2004 02:11 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My interpretation was just a joke, but yeah, all you would have to do is find one thing about yourself that you keep secret that you would feel better if someone else knew. Maybe something that you want to tell your girlfriend or just any of your friends.

I speak to the dead too. I'm getting something about the winter, maybe a winter birthday...

Manny Knowles

- posted 03-30-2004 05:00 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, are you calling me a phoney?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: