Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Title of Star Wars Episode III: "The Creeping Fear"?

Author Topic: Title of Star Wars Episode III: "The Creeping Fear"?
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-28-2004 10:07 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ain't-it-cool-news reports that the title of the next Star Wars movie will be: "THE CREEPING FEAR"

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=17252

Hey folks, Harry here... Ordinarily I would stay about 30,000 miles away from a rumor about the title of the final Star Wars prequel. How many rumors have there been? A zillion? I've been hearing "RISE OF THE EMPIRE" for a billion years now, but I've always dismissed it because frankly - with the last film having "of the" in the title, I really didn't feel that Lucas would have that in a subsequent title... didn't feel like his style.

That being said - when I got this email... with all the blank pieces filled in and when I talked to a friend that knew the person that fills those blanks and works with them - well - this early morning they confirmed this for me.

Now... having said that - it is awfully close to April 1st and well that brings out the loons. But I believe this title simply because... well... it sounds like something Lucas would hatch for the final title. Read on, I'll be back afterwards...

Hi Harry,

A lttle nugget of Star Wars info...I work in the animation industry, and I've just had a very interesting conversation with ___________ ___. We were discussing the presentations for the upcoming MIPCOM tradefair which starts at the weekend, and she/he/it was talking about the _____________, and how successful it's been for them...etc...then she/he/it said that Lucasfilm will be announcing the title of Episode 3 early next week, and they were rushing to reprint some artwork with the new title to take to MIP.

She/he/it said the title had been 'Rise of the Empire', but George Lucas recently changed his mind, and it will now be titled 'The Creeping Fear'. She/he/it said this refers to a hooded Death type character who wipes out the Jedi.

If you do use this, can you be sure to leave out ___________ ___'s name...(I wouldn't want he/her/it to get into trouble!)

Thanks Harry,
Call me Gibby Bunt

(Harry again...)

THE CREEPING FEAR... it sounds like a serial chapter title... it has a retrofunk to it and like both the previous names it would be sure to drive fanboys screaming mad about how Lucas is insane and how Fincher should be directing the final part... but... THE CREEPING FEAR is the thing that's gonna bite Anakin on the ass and complete his transformation. THE CREEPING FEAR is what is going to be wiping out the Jedi, making the few survivors genuinely feeling like lucky bastards. This could all be bullshit, but we'll see soon enough if the rest of the email is correct... personally I do have a skeptical side... after all, THE PHANTOM MENACE was unleashed in September... and ATTACK OF THE CLONES was an August thing, almost a full month earlier... this would be quite a bit earlier than expected... Let's see if THE CREEPING FEAR turns out to be more than just geeks' feelings towards the 3rd and final prequel.

|  IP: Logged

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 03-29-2004 03:25 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who cares?

Jonathan Worthing
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-29-2004 06:17 AM      Profile for Jonathan Worthing   Email Jonathan Worthing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Episode III The Crappy what? [sleep] [sleep] [sleep]

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 03-29-2004 09:10 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Creeping Focus Problem........

Why don't they just call it what it is The Fall of The Jedi since they will be killed off and the few to survive will run off and hide.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 03-29-2004 12:02 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
C'mon fellas!

At some point, you're going to have to make up your minds once-and-for-all whether you care about these SW movies or not.

And, while you're pondering that, please bear in mind that "A New Hope" is equally cheesy.

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 03-29-2004 12:07 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Star Wars: The End of the Beginning.

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-29-2004 12:19 PM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like top see John Waters direct it.

Manny Knowles

- posted 03-29-2004 12:20 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm personally looking forward to seeing Chewbacca in his younger days when his hair hadn't quite grown in yet. It will be interesting to hear what he sounded like before his voice broke.

It would also be a wonderful inside-joke to have someone sleeping on SW bed sheets.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 03-29-2004 04:48 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Creeping Fear? Is that a new sexually transmitted disease? Is it related to The Creeping Crud or the Burning Drip?

Manny Knowles

- posted 03-29-2004 06:24 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could somebody explain The Burning Bush for me?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: