Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Show us your Artwork! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Author Topic: Show us your Artwork!
Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-21-2004 06:57 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a well known fact that artists of any kind are pathetic losers. So it should come as absolutely no surprise to anyone that I have an artistic side. But I want to see everyone else's drawings/paintings/digital art/turd sculptures/whatever. I also like threads with lots of pics in them because they piss off dial-up users (who DESERVE to be pissed off [Smile] ) I will start off by showing my crappy work from years ago!

The following drawings I did when I was 16-17 years old. They were scanned by fellow forum member Jeff Skallan. I darkened them a bit in Adobe PhotoDeluxe back in the day, so they appear much "dirtier" than they really are. I don't own a scanner.

-
This is a drawing I did of Bugs Bunny and Roger Rabbit. It was a few years after the Roger Rabbit movie came out. I have no idea what I was trying to convey here, maybe just that Bugs is better.

-
Not too happy with this one, but I guess it's OK. Just seems to lack structure. I think this was based on an ad for some stupid computer game (I've never been into computer games, just video games). I dunno. Looks kind of sloppy to me and I HATE how I drew the clouds.

-
Terminator 2! I like this one a lot. I drew it a few months after I saw the movie.

-
I can't remember what this dragon is from. The only thing that pops into my head when I think about it is "FCI" and I have no clue what "FCI" is. Anyway I like this drawing, you should too.

-
Ah the trusty ninja! This is actually a character from a comic strip series that I drew in high school. He is known as "Brian Rasmussen the Ninja". I am disappointed in how I handled the hands here, but I like the rest of the drawing a lot. I have no idea what is holding his sword up!

I do all of my drawings with the same mechanical pencil that I've had forvever and still do. Anyway I have a lot more drawings, most of them are much bigger and some are in color, and certainly more recent. But I can't scan them because Jeff is too cheap to get a giant scanner for me to do it! So let's see what you people have to offer now!

|  IP: Logged

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2004 07:19 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I paid $10 for a scanner at a yard sale. The OS disc cost me $3 from the manufacturer. It runs fine on WIN 95, 98, 98SE, and 2000.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 03-21-2004 08:42 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!!! You're an artist... That is such a turn on... Seriously, we need to hook up. [Wink]

I bet most of you who have been to my homepage have already seen some of my artwork... But for those who haven't here are couple.

-
This was for my AP ART 3 Composition. I did this piece about 3 years ago, using oil pastel.

-
Another AP ART 3 Composition. Kind of creepy looking back on it. Reminds me of Chucky, I don't know what I was thinking when I drew it. This one was from 2 years ago, also using oil pastel and pen.

[ 03-21-2004, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Jennifer Pan ]

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 03-21-2004 09:07 PM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I, too, like threads with plenty of pictures. However, I think it may be harsh to get on the case, intentionally, of dial-up users ... I mean, we were all there, once. Right?

-
Tori Amos, one of the fifty portraits I've done of her. (I'm not obsessive, I'm not!)

-
Natalie Portman

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 03-21-2004 09:27 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never really got into drawing much, though my Dad was a good artist. Before I was born, he did a short stint at Walter Lantz Studios. I don't know his job but I think he worked either as a "In-Betweener" or an "Ink & Paint Man". By the time I got old enough to understand these kinds of things he was too far gone. (C2H6O) All I remember is that he could draw an AWESOME "Wally Walrus" or "Chilly Willy"!

I did get the art gene from him but I go for photography. (He did photography too.

Here's one of my favorites:

-

This is NOT a Photoshop job! It's a real photograph. If you come to my house I will show you the negative. What you see on the negative is precicely what you see on the print. (Print exposure and contrast adjustments notwithstanding.)

There are three giveaways in this picture. They are glaringly obvious to me but nobody else has ever picked them out until I have showed them. Even my photography teacher, who knew how I did it, couldn't pick out the flaws.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-21-2004 09:30 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jen - The "film" drawing looks familiar but I think I must of missed the other one on your web page. I love the color in the oil pastel one.

Michael/Brain/whatever your name is - Excellent likeness of Tore my Anu.. err... Tori Amos. Of course if you've drawn her a billion times I imagine you can do it without looking at a pics by now. The Natalie Portman one only vaguely resembles her. The technique is good, though.

Does Kinko's do scanning? I'd like to scan my bigger stuff especially for posterity. They are open 24 hours a day so that'll give me something to do tonight if this is possible. Should I bring blank CDs or something?

quote:
Randy wrote:
What you see on the negative is precicely what you see on the negative.

No shit?

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 03-21-2004 09:42 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can see two flaws instantly: The picture shows you, and twice at that!

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 03-21-2004 09:53 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe:

What you see on the negative is precicely what you see on the PRINT.

I fixed it. There! Are you happy, now? [Wink]

Michael:

I resemble that remark! [Big Grin]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-21-2004 10:58 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I called Kinko's and they informed me that since they sucking ass, they would need to keep my material for a few days to scan since they are bigger than normal 8 x 11. I don't think so! So I took pictures of a few things with my digital camera to see how they would come out... the results are less than perfect but you'll get the idea.

-
Grim Reaper! I love this drawing. I need to get it framed or something. I think this is my favorite. God it looks like crap in this digital file!

-
This is a skecth I did of me sketching myself while I sat in detention at one point in high school.

-
I drew this for a local video game shop back in the day. It hung there until they closed. Now it collects dust.

-
Back in the day I was a much bigger fan of videogames than I am now, and I'd do drawings that represented the games (re: fan art). This one is cool, but I think I like my Thunder Force III drawing (not shown) a little better.

-
I just made this up from scratch one day in class when I should have been paying attention instead. This place does not exist, and that's one reason I really like it.

Luciano Brigite
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2004 11:13 PM      Profile for Luciano Brigite   Email Luciano Brigite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That dragon drawing reminds me of one of the several D&D/AD&D artwork I did see in some artbooks. the dragon's pose looks about the same .
*goes back to assembling the 3x5' poster e made of said drawing..*
Dragons and other reptile-like creatures are my kind of thing [Cool]
good work that one.
and no.. I can't even draw stick figures [Embarrassed]

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 03-22-2004 12:47 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose I could have grabbed some of my artsy-fartsy paintings out of the attic (not to mention the fact I just didn't feel like climbing up there to get the stuff), so I uploaded some drawings that are a little more "fun."

-
I made this pencil sketch of Spike Lee back when I was in art school. It's just a pencil sketch, but Spike's attitude seems to come through. Maybe someday I'll vector digitize it so I can have a slick looking color version.

-
I made this M1 tank illustration when our first war in Iraq happened. Mixed media (airbrush, inks & pencils on Letramax illustration board).

-
This is a caricature of relief pitcher Dennis Eckersly. I hate most of my old art (which is a healthy attitude for any artist to have), but I still like this one for some odd reason. Maybe it's the look of concentration on his face.

-
Like Joe, I was obsessed with video games when I was a teenager, but I became more interested in making the technology that drives the games better. I actually sent this drawing in with a bunch of other stuff to companies like Zenith in 1992 as suggestions for what they need to do with developing things like HDTV, virtual reality and multi-channel surround sound.

-
This is a piece I did for the business club I'm in. We have a roast for a prominent Oklahoma business man coming up Friday. Too bad the material won't be as "blue" as a Friar's Club Roast. But maybe it will be funny anyway. Most of the artwork I make these days gets finished in the computer. This one started out as a pencil sketch. Then I scanned and digitized it in Photoshop and took the vectors over into apps like Illustrator and CorelDRAW for further tweaking and type treatment.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 03-22-2004 02:43 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bobby & Brian: DUDE!! That's really good stuff...
I'm definitely not an artist compared to you guys.
I'm inspired to get back into making artwork.

After 2 years of avoiding it and not caring for it I might actually pick up a paintbrush. NOT! Maybe a 4B pencil... Or a mechanical pencil like Joe [Wink]

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2004 03:14 AM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe pretty much pegged all of us...of course I could not resist either showing my true colors as well. I have always loved art but rarely sketched or drew. Anything I have done by hand is long gone. However computer based art has been a bit of a minor hobby of mine. I have been dabbling for the last few years with POV-Ray along with a photoshop knock off, Paint Shop Pro.

-
This was my first foray into it.

-
This one is one of more recent versions I have done of The Lament Configuration.

-
This is something I did this last week for a project for ShoWest.

I have also started to dabble in serious digital photography with a Canon Digital Rebel. I so love that camera.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 03-22-2004 03:17 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Digital Rebels and Rebels kick ass!

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2004 03:31 AM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Daryl,
Hell yeah they do! It has allowed me to get really cool shots of my kids proving they are the cutest kids around (unlike their pop).

Example...

-
and
 -

You think a proud pop like me could not resist the urge to put his kids up for all to see. [Razz]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: