Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Addicting computer game. High Score: 499 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Addicting computer game. High Score: 499
Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 03-01-2004 12:09 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.hurtwood.demon.co.uk/Fun/copter.swf

|  IP: Logged

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2004 01:47 PM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got 958 feet on my first attempt, though I had to disagree with the crash-detection. I was well clear of the obstacle when it blew my coptor up.

Edit:

Dammit!! Just missed 2000 feet. Got 1997 with another bogus crash.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 03-01-2004 04:41 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1898! [Big Grin]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-01-2004 10:49 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those of you who partake in video games may want to read this article I found in the Yahoo news section so you don't end up becomming fat and pudgy let alone mean.......

Mark

Video Games Make Kids Fat, Violent, Swedish Experts Say
Mon Mar 1, 4:20 PM ET Add Technology - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Peter Starck

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Video games can make children fat and, in the case of violent games popular among teenage and younger boys, aggressive and even criminal, Swedish experts said on Monday.

The games industry, estimated at $200 million a year in Sweden and $10 billion in the United States, is dominated on the hardware side by Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox (news - web sites), Sony Corp (NYSE:SNE - news) (news - web sites)'s PlayStation and Nintendo (news - web sites) Co. Ltd's Game Boy and GameCube consoles.

Electronic Arts Inc., Nintendo, Activision Inc., and Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. are among leading games title publishers.

Take-Two's Rockstar unit's Grand Theft Auto -- a game condemned as "horrendous" by former U.S. Democratic presidential hopeful Joseph Lieberman -- is among titles mentioned by a Swedish television documentary in connection with violent youth crimes.

"It's concerning because they (video game players) are rehearsing scripts of behavior that will possibly play themselves out in real life," Michael Rich, a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics who has studied the effects of entertainment media on the physical and mental health of children, was quoted as saying in the 45-minute "Deadly Game" documentary.

Monday's preview of the film, due for prime time broadcasting on Swedish TV4 television on Wednesday, was followed by a panel debate, which concluded that scientific findings of the effects, if any, of violent video games were scant.

"But it has been proved beyond dispute that people who watch a lot of violence on television develop aggressive behavior," said Frank Lindblad, a child psychiatrist at Sweden's Karolinska Institute university hospital.

DIFFUSE BORDER

"They run a very high risk of criminal behavior ... there's a lot suggesting that video games are worse," he said, noting that many players tended to identify themselves with game heroes.

"The border between the virtual reality and the real world becomes diffuse and that is dangerous," Lindblad said.

Gustav Niel-Berggren, a 16-year-old student who said he tended to spend many hours a day several days a week playing an interactive online action game called Counter-Strike, which focuses on killing opponent soldiers, disagreed.

"Shooting somebody in a game is just like scoring a goal in a football match," he said, dismissing the documentary's suggestion and Lindblad's fear that youths could not distinguish between the game world and real life.

Elisabeth Junttila, a mother of six and head of a nationwide association promoting closer ties between homes and schools, said some children became addicted to video games, spending all their waking hours in front of a computer screen gorging potato chips, pizza and soft drinks.

Anne Folke, co-founder of a lobby seeking to counteract through public awareness campaigns what it sees as the ill effects of video games, said games were consuming ever more of children's time.

"They are in poor physical shape, they eat unhealthily, grow fat and suffer insomnia," she said.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-02-2004 12:22 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, have you been playing videogames lately?

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2004 01:32 AM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Those of you who partake in video games may want to read this article I found in the Yahoo news section so you don't end up becomming fat and pudgy let alone mean.......
I'm already fat, pudgy, and mean. Might as well have the fun part with it...

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 03-02-2004 07:53 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hopha/penguin.swf

Try this one. Maybe we can replace the penguin with a Technicolor reel or someones head or something. I got a 532.9, but I know that someones gonna beat my score, i sucked at the last game.

Rick Long Jr
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2004 09:34 AM      Profile for Rick Long Jr   Email Rick Long Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
780.2 (hit a mine 4 times in a row!) But the version I've been playing is a bit different.
http://games.eof.net/ashke/pingwin1.swf

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2004 10:36 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is the best one I've seen yet. 898 feet!

Very Cool

I think Joe would love this version since he is demented like that [Smile] [Big Grin]

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 03-02-2004 10:53 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats a much more fun version, 700 feet

Jonathan Worthing
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2004 11:27 AM      Profile for Jonathan Worthing   Email Jonathan Worthing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
927.6 feet on the Hit 4 mines (blood everwhere)

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2004 11:45 AM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
998.5 so far

[ 03-02-2004, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Wolff King Morrow ]

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-03-2004 02:17 AM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
jfc! like the first version wasn't demented enough! i love it!

carl

Josh Kirkhart
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-03-2004 03:20 AM      Profile for Josh Kirkhart   Email Josh Kirkhart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
friggin 1162, addicting as all hell

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-03-2004 08:58 AM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent score, Josh! I'm up to 1002 and still trying to get a good 5-hit bounce.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: