Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » MTV Jackass (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: MTV Jackass
Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 01-06-2004 12:08 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only one that likes this show?

It is hilarious!

These guys are f*cking crazy! [beer]

>>> Phil

|  IP: Logged

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2004 04:45 AM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You think " Jackass " is hilarious? Try renting CKY or Steve-O's dvds. They make Jackass look like a Barney's sing-a-long video.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the above videos have most of the guys from Jackass, except Knoxville.

[ 01-06-2004, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Ron Lacheur ]

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2004 10:33 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I only watch what comes on before or after Viva La bam, it records on my Tivo and catches a little of it. HI, Im Johnny Knoxville. I hear that a lot but its pretty funny.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 01-06-2004 03:40 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The funniest one I saw was "Kenny Roger's Jackass" - spoof on Mad TV. I laughed real hard at that one. Kenny tries to catch a thrown baseball bat with his teeth. Then him and his buddies have a dairy consumption contest where they drink gallons of milk. Kenny sneers, "I raised on the dairy, bitch!" When vomiting milk into a trash can one of Kenny's buddies wails on him with the baseball bat.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 01-06-2004 06:26 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil, you're not alone, bro! I simply ROLL at that show! It has no point and, admittedly, is one of my "guilty pleasures". It's sheer foolishness. Some of the biggest guffaws come when they do something stupid like ride a shopping cart into a brick wall.

Complete, meaningless, television fodder. It's crazy, I know. I like watching Johnny Knoxville, because he always gets himself in trouble somehow. His reactions are hilarious. I thought I would die when he rode inside the porta-potty that was turned upside down!

[Big Grin]

Roger Katz
Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2004 08:59 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bobby: That was "Kenny Rogers' Punk'd"

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-06-2004 09:27 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really don't get stuff like Jackass. I realize they are doing it for absolutely no reason whatsoever (and I love randomness for no reason), but seriously, who wants to see a guy taking a shit as he is running at top speed? Maybe people love seeing shit oooze out of a guy's ass as he runs. They just love the hell out of it. They wish they could see someone eating the shit as it fell from his ass, they love it so much. Now if only we could see Johnny Knoxville swimming in a sewage treatment plant swallowing piss and shit, vomiting it out and then eating/swallowing it again and again!!! That would be funny! That's what funny is.

But what happenes when this is not X-Treme enough to satisfy us? Pretty soon seeing a guy getting slammed in the face with a sledgehammer just won't be funny enough, nor will it bring in the ratings. The next step will be people actually dying on tape for a laugh. Let's see how high I can count to while getting bored with a drill in the head! Ha ha I'm a moron that's funny! The good news there is that the moron population would decrease quickly. But that won't remain funny forever, and remaining people will demand yet even more X-Treme entertainment.

The MadTV spoofs were funny.

Gunnar Johansson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2004 04:18 AM      Profile for Gunnar Johansson   Author's Homepage   Email Gunnar Johansson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a funny spoof on MTV, with Snoop Dogg. It had the title "Blackass" and the comment: "you won´t find my blackass doing things like that...". Instead they picked on police officers and were chased down the street.
Snoop Dogs Televizzle or something like that.
I agree with Joe Redifer, and the problem is for me the first time I´ve seriously considered the effect violence and stupid ideas on TV affect people. A friend of my loves Jackass, and has started wearing a cup for everyday use, goes around parties asking, I mean literally asking, to be kicked in the groin, and comes up with other stupid ideas like this. He´s always been weird, but this show sort of makes it legit, and gives him input and ideas he shouldn´t get.
Anyway, I´m hoping on Darwin and natural selection, as in the Darwin awards. And we have a saying in Sweden. Roughly translated "laughing about other people hurting themselves is the best laugh".

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 01-07-2004 08:57 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, you never fail to make me laugh! You should have your OWN show. Really. [Smile]

Ehhh, the "eating ass" stuff I can do without, and the sewage-type stuff, certainly. When I mentioned Johnny Knoxville in the porta-potty... what made me laugh was not the sewage aspect, but his reactions and his comments. There's one guy on that show that pukes all the time over various things... that, I can do without as well.

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2004 02:26 AM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aren't these the same guys that affixed their cocks to their legs with a staple gun???

I know someone did that, i'm not making it up!

Danny

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2004 03:15 AM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve-O was the one that stapled his bag to his leg.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 01-08-2004 07:15 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We ARE in the end-times...

Blake Zaugg
Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2004 12:55 AM      Profile for Blake Zaugg   Email Blake Zaugg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve-O, Weeman , and Preston were actually here at a bar in Lethbridge last week on their new video tour. Broken light bulbs cutting his tongue, snorting strange things, and other self mutilation acts. Weeman and another local "little person" having a kick themself in the head contest. I didn't go, but I hear I didn't miss all that much. I am a fan of the stunts on Jackass.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 09-15-2005 11:55 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 614 days since the last post.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 09-15-2005 11:55 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I had to resurrect this tread as they are running the old "Jackass" shows on MTV2. (DirecTV ch 333, check your local TV guide for times and channels)

Those guys are just as crazy and stupit and funny as ever! I can't stop laughing at their stupit stunts! [beer] [thumbsup]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: