Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » MERRY NEW YEAR!

Author Topic: MERRY NEW YEAR!
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 12-30-2003 05:16 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's about it, really.

Hope 2004 brings you all much happiness and alcohol. (Not necessarily in that order, you understand...)

John

-'Merry New Year! I am Nunja Eebacor...exchange student from Camaroon! Hahahahahaha...'

-'HAPPY New Year...In this country we say HAPPY New Year'.

-'Thank-you for correcting my english which stinks'.

Eddie Murphy in his glory days of 'Trading Places'.

|  IP: Logged

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-30-2003 05:30 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being that I live in Las Vegas and supposedly Las Vegas is the #1 place to ring in the New Year (now).

I will be wishing everyone a Happy New Year from my home - which is far enough away from "The Strip" - to where I won't hear the 300,000 + drunk people screaming thier heads off.

Happy New Year!

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-30-2003 05:38 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dennis- We're hearing that the strip will be closed to fly-over air traffic on New Years Eve. Hope you don't have an unwanted "event".

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 12-30-2003 05:53 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haoli Makahiki Hou" is the way we welcome in the new year here in Hawaii and I entend to each of you happiness and prosperity during the new year.

Stay 'cool' and safe when you celebrate the coming of the new year tomorrow.

-Claude

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 12-30-2003 06:43 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's not rush things!

Happy New Year to all o' y'all, too.

Let's hope that 2004 is full of wonderful things -- and let's all do our part to make it so!

Here's hoping for good times, good health and good movies!

Cheers! [beer]

We now return you to 2003, already in progress...

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-30-2003 10:01 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back in my day we didn't have "new year". If we screwed anything up we'd have to go all the way back and redo the entire year over again!

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 12-31-2003 04:30 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received this from one of my Canadian cousins and wanted to share with the film-tech family.

May you be blessed with good neighbors who are there for you when you need them, and who are not around too much when you don't need them.

May the world enjoy a year that is free of violence, hurricanes, earthquakes, fires and drought

May you have a spouse, or a child or a friend, or a grandchild, who loves you,
even though they really know you. And may you learn that giving love away freely without strings is the surest way of receiving it in return.

May your insurance pay whatever your doctor charges, without insisting on any further investigation, and may the Income Tax Authorities accept whatever you pay, without insisting on any further investigation too.

May your bank statement and your budget both balance, and may they both include generous amounts for charity.

May you receive a letter from a long lost friend, and a kiss from a long indifferent spouse or child.

May you feast your eyes often in this New Year on green trees, on blue waters, and best of all, on the happy face of a child or grandchild, whom you have just embraced.

May we keep rage off of the freeways, and out of the workplace, and out of our homes, and direct it instead at racism, at poverty and at all the evils that we politely tolerate.

May we learn in this new year that what really counts the most is not the years but the days, not the machines we have in our lives, but the people we have in our lives, not how much we can accumulate but how much we can share, and with whom.

May you have enough to give you contentment, and may you have enough left over, so that you can be generous.

We wish for us what we wish for you. A HAPPY, HEALTHY NEW YEAR

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2003 04:50 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is only one Nš1 place to celebrate Hogmanay, and that's in the home of celebrating Hogmanay, right here in Scotland!

Have a good un one and all!

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 12-31-2003 06:55 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the best for a safe,healthy happy and prosperous new year

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 12-31-2003 08:18 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Feliz Ano Nuevo!
Ano Novo Feliz!
Gluckliches Neues Jahr!
Nuovo Anno Felice!
Nouvelle Annee Heursuse!
Happy New Year....no matter what language you may prefer [thumbsup] Please excuse my bad translations since I only speak incoherently in 2 1/2 languages. [Wink]

Michael Barry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2003 08:45 PM      Profile for Michael Barry   Email Michael Barry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry New Year to everyone here on FT!!! [beer]

John, do you really mean to say that 'Trading Places' is superior to other, later Eddie Murphy movies such as 'The Nutty Professor' and 'Daddy Day Care'? Are you seriously insinuating that his movies have actually....gotten worse over the years?

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2003 09:38 PM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kia Ora from New Zealand and a Happy New Year , pitty we don't get a New body to start the Year off with......so we could have a New start as well [Big Grin]

Steve Anderson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2004 08:57 AM      Profile for Steve Anderson   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As we say in the South: "YALL have a real good New Year!!

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 01-01-2004 01:18 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu!
あけましておめでとうございます!

Shinnen omedetou gozaimasu!
新年おめでとうございます!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: