Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » How Do You Like Your Tea? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: How Do You Like Your Tea?
Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 12-27-2003 09:17 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the cup or by the pot?

Leaves or bag?

What kind of tea?

Boiling water or just hot water?

Do you pour the water over the bag or does the bag go into the water?

What about sugar?

White granulated?
Milled cane?
Brown sugar?

or honey?

Milk? Cream?

Lemon?

How do you like your tea?

|  IP: Logged

Mike Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2003 10:31 PM      Profile for Mike Fitzgerald   Email Mike Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only Barrys Irish Tea with a little milk no sugar. I boil the water put the teabag in a prewarmed cup and steep for a couple of minutes and enjoy. My cousin come in from Ireland twice a year and keeps me supplied. [beer]

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 12-27-2003 11:04 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For "black" teas, British Breakfast or Earl Grey; cream (half-n-half) and sugar (raw cane or honey). Water boiling as it hits the tea in a pre-warmed pot or cup. Usually have to settle for bags.

For "green" teas, Oolong, Genmai, Ban, Uji; hot, straight up. Again usually have to settle for bags, but I can get the Genmai in bulk and I have a real teapot to steep it in.

Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2003 12:57 AM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I own a few teapots, sometimes I drink tea by the cup, sometimes I opt to make a whole pot - it all varies with what kind of 'tea mood' I'm in.

In general, I use teabags. Although, I have been known to use tea leaves in my coffee maker - in fact my coffee maker has brewed more tea than coffee! [Eek!]

I prefer the water hot, not boiling, and pour the water over the tea, and cover the vessel in which it is steeping.
Steeping times vary from tea to tea - for example the 'Taylors of Harrogate' Yorkshire tea that I'm fond of only needs to steep for about three minutes, whereas most of the other black teas I have need to steep anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes.

In black tea, I tend to add about two teaspoons of granulated sugar, and a splash of cream - such as half & half, light or even heavy cream, milk is a last resort. Occasionally I'll instead use an amaretto flavored creamer instead.

In herbal teas I add about a tablespoon of honey.

However, each tea is different, and the amount of what gets added sometimes needs to be adjusted a wee bit. [Wink]

There are many teas that I like a lot, some of them are:
from Taylors of Harrogate - Yorkshire, and Yorkshire Gold
from Stash - Grean & White Fusion, Chai Spice, Earl Grey
from Bigelows - Earl Grey, and Raspberry Royale
from Tazo - Zen blend
from Traditional Medicinals - Raspberry Leaf, Female Toner, Throat Coat, and Lemon Echinacea Throat Coat
from Celestial Seasonings - Tuscany Orange Spice, Rainbow of Berries, Emperor's Choice, Almond Sunset, Chamomile, Gingerbread Spice, Apple Spice, and Devonshire English Breakfast

...Yeah, so I do love tea! [Smile]

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2003 01:03 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boil water in a kettle, pour water into glass, insert Lipton's tea bag into water, let it settle for awhile, and then drink up! Yummy!

AJG

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2003 01:14 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like it how my Grandma makes it, not sure how.

Hugh McCullough
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2003 07:19 AM      Profile for Hugh McCullough   Author's Homepage   Email Hugh McCullough   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is only one way to make a decent cup of tea.
The old fashioned Belfast way.
Pour a small quantity of milk into a cup, add sugar to taste.
Put water into a saucepan, and add two teaspoons of tea leaves.
Bring to the boil & simmer for two minutes.
Strain into cup and enjoy.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2003 08:14 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lipton bags.

Boiling water into the cup with the tea bag. Dip the bag until the tea 'looks right,'

Remove the tea bag, add a small spoon of sugar, and add milk.

What a way to get warm on a cold day in the mountains.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 12-28-2003 11:58 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do warm drinks affect homeostasis?

Do they truly warm you up or do they trick your body into cooling further?

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2003 12:53 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chai tea in a tea-bag (strong). Sugar and Half & Half.

But mostly coffee, French Roast, finely ground, French Press, sugar and half & half.

Both help the 35-mile commute be more enjoyable. And both are a recent addition to my lifestyle.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 12-28-2003 01:24 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the Pot
First the kettle is filled with fresh cold water and brought to a boil
The tea pot is pre warmed and loose or bags don't make a big difference
As soon as it comes to a boil pour it in
I use Homoginised milk no sugar

The tea brand varries but usually is one of
Red Rose
Flowerdale
PG tips
Brooke Bond Red Label
Lipton Yellow Lable
Twinnings Earl Grey
and sometime
Oulong and Jasmine tea (the name I can't translate from the tins I buy in chinatown

Andy Muirhead
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2003 08:07 PM      Profile for Andy Muirhead   Email Andy Muirhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't function in the morning without a good cup of tea and a cigarette! Hot and sweet, dudes.

Put a teabag in a mug, add sugar (i like 6 spoons), pour in boiling water, stir, then squeeze the tea bag against the side of your mug, retract tea bag and casually throw into bin, add milk until tea is brown, light cigarette (optional), drink. Ah!

Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2003 01:50 AM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like at least a handful of booth people are fellow tea fiends!
[thumbsup]

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2003 01:52 AM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do I like my tea...
not in my cup...I hate the stuff. [puke]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-29-2003 03:05 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Every time I hear of tea I am reminded of that horrific movie "Howard's End", where a bunch of British women sit around day after day talking about how lovely it would be to return to Howard's End, drinking tea non-stop.

The Brits can have it. Just don't seperate me from my Coca-Cola.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: