Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » HELP! Computer Font Issues!

Author Topic: HELP! Computer Font Issues!
Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2003 08:59 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey!

Can any of you help me correct some of these issues on my computer?

When I open MSN, it shows boxes instead of letters.. and some weird font on the Film-Tech home page.

Here's some examples. I'd really like to fix this once and for all.

-

-

-
Sorry for the bad quality on this one.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-26-2003 10:56 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like you are running Opera in user mode. It's right below the BACK button.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 12-27-2003 12:19 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
....just ANOTHER reason to use IE.... (Hugs, Brad) [Razz]

>>> Phil

Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2003 03:17 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have to keep taking my computer in to get fixed up from viruses that keep [sex] ing up the computer, so whenever I open Internet Explorer, the computer says "EXPLORER has performed an illegal operation and will now shut-down" or w/e. All programs stay open except IE and I lose what I was surfing for. At least when it crashes, Opera stays open and to the webpages I was looking at.

Daniel Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2003 05:16 PM      Profile for Daniel Wright   Email Daniel Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had a similar problem on some of the computers in my colleges computer lab. Windows and some internet browers have a language setting. One of the exchange students had switched the computers over to Korean. Only some letters were comeing up in English the rest displayed as gibberish. Also check your windows font settings.

Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2003 06:19 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where can I change my font settings?

Nick Engstrom
Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2003 06:26 PM      Profile for Nick Engstrom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have really had that many problems and that error comes up everytime you run IE, now is a good time to reformat===save all your games/pics/etc and reformat that sucker, it will save you a ton of work in the future, believe me

Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2003 06:50 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, but one problem: I have an HP Digital Camera (Photosmart 320), and it came with software but the software went back in the box when I was done with it and my dad accidently threw it out, so how would I back-up this program (its not for download as I've found)? Also, I added USB to my computer, and it took me forever to get my webcam working on the port with the driver and the Labtec software, so I will have to re-install the thing to make the USB work, right? Or would this just be the device drivers?

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2003 06:54 PM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should be able to go to HP's website and download the software for free, and in most cases and updated version of it. If not then you can write and request a copy of said software or find someone with the same camera and burn a copy of the software.

Nick Engstrom
Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2003 08:55 PM      Profile for Nick Engstrom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
define: "Also, I added USB to my computer"

meaning you actually added a usb device that your computer didn't come with originally, or you finally got it to work/finally found something to use with it.

Also, what kind of computer do you have, hp, compaq, ibm, etc because most of those manufacturers have restore disks of some kind or its built into your hard drive by partition, makes it a LOT easier for the end user

Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2003 09:36 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My computer never came with a USB drive/port, so I bought one and put it in. I got the drivers to make it work and then it took forever to find/download drivers to make my accessories work. Once I had got the software for my webcam on, the cam actually didn't work. That's all fixed now. My concern was having to go through all that again.

My computer (from the only labels I can find) is a Mind. It originally came as Win95, and was upgraded to Win98 SE. To tell you the truth, I personnally like 95 better.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 12-29-2003 10:31 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, I think its time to get another computer. [Smile]

-Aaron

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 12-29-2003 11:03 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree it may be time to go out and find a new computer. There are some good ones out there for reasonable prices for general home use.

Most likely that is why you have so much trouble with viruses. There is just to much vulnerability in your computer. One other thing too. As of January 1st 2004 Windows 98SE will no longer be supported by Microsoft. So getting anything from their online critical updates will be impossable and support in general will no longer be availabe.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: