Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What did you get for Christmas? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13 

Author Topic: What did you get for Christmas?
Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 12-25-2003 04:05 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's what I got so far...

Amazon.com gift certificate

DVD's
"The Directors" (AFI Box Set)
"The Outer Limits" (original TV series) Vol. 1 & 2
"Friends" Vol. 5
"Will & Grace" Vol. 1

Money in a card

A credit card payment (!)

...and there are some others I haven't opened yet...

What about you? What'd you get?

|  IP: Logged

Roger Katz
Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2003 05:46 AM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got nothing...

...of course, I don't celebrate Christmas, so that is to be expected.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 12-25-2003 05:53 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I got what I wanted.... and more! [beer]

Ummmm, I can't discuss it here... [Razz]

Roger: That brings to mind some lines from RHPS... "I ask for nothing. And nothing is what you'll get!" (or similar) [Smile]

Merry and safe holidays, ALL!

>>> Phil

Betsie Beadling
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2003 06:48 AM      Profile for Betsie Beadling   Email Betsie Beadling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I Got Spongebob Slippers
and Finding Nemo DVD [Big Grin] [thumbsup]

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 12-25-2003 07:47 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil...The exchange in RHPS goes like this:

Magenta: We ask for NOTHING!

Franknfurter: And you shall receive it. IN ABUNDANCE!

(One of my favorite lines of all-time.)

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 12-25-2003 09:31 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a book, 'Crap Towns - The 50 Worst Places To Live in the UK'

There is a website, www.craptowns.com , where you can nominate your favorite total dive, read what others have said about it, or defend it. There's a US section too.

This is what Sarah Janes has to say about Croydon, where I live:-

"Town/Village: Croydon - Arsehole of the southeast

Amenities:
Full of mockney wankers and Wetherspoon pubs. For those who are unfortunate enough to be born and raised in the locale all know of its perils and pitfalls.

West Croydon bus station serves as a kind of halfway house for the mental health ward at Mayday hospital. The floor is littered with KFC chicken bones like some ancient caveman dwelling and the air stinks of piss and Vaseline. From here, if you avoid being chopped into bitesize chunks and stuffed into a second-hand suitcase, you can make your way up to the high street. Be careful not to look anyone in the eye or smile, this is often misconstrudled and could lead to verbal and even physical abuse. For example the offended party might say something along the lines of - "Whatchoo lookin' at you fuckin' cunt?" and then poke you in the eye with a half-snouted Lambert and Butler.

You will see (out of the good eye) another side of Croydon folk at well-known Croydon nightspot 'The Blue Orchid'. This is not to be confused with 'The Meat Market' in Surrey Street, though the purpose is much the same. If you are lucky (depending on how you define lucky) you might spot page three-boob-cruise-Croydon-born Lindsey Dawn McKensie, (who I went to school with incidentally), or Beppe from EastEnders. However you are more likely to spot groups of middle-aged women on the pull and they'll probably be clad in leather and leopard-skin, chain smoking, laughing like drains and eating Scotch eggs and garlic bread. The toilets quite often have police incident boards in them but generally speaking if you stick to the 80s lounge you can avoid trouble. Just be careful no-one slips Rophypnol into your Bacardi Breezer, else you might not conciously find yourself being shagged senseless by someone almost certainly called Steve but whom you won't know from Adam.

For fun,why not try the lift in the Drummond Centre (it's glass!) or indulge in a bit of thieving? Try on a variety of hats in Debenhams if the mood takes you. And it's always a good laugh to hang around at a bus stop for a few hours spitting at old people and drinking 20/20.

Your social status in Croydon depends upon whether you live closer to the chocolate factory or shit works. The latter being the less desirable of the two. I lived closer to the shit works.

Shit."

Pretty fair asessment; some of the entries do seem rather unfair though, Hackney, in the East End of London, has one of the best parks in London, pleasant canal-side walks, and some fine old architecture, including the Hackney Empire theatre, web page

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2003 09:38 AM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got the four of the most important things in the world for Christmas..

My wife, niece, sister in law and mother in law are here to celebrate with me. Watching the 3 yeard old see that Santa found her even when she wasn't home was all the joy I needed...

The bird is in the Rotisserie and I'm off to shower and get ready for work..If all our patrons are as nice in spirits as I am right now, we'll have a great day... [thumbsup]

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2003 09:58 AM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fortunately, -lots of clothes. -Sensible, soft packets, that I've allways been a bit late getting bought myself. Not only lots of - but in big pieces, as required, to go all around Yours sincerely.
Plus from the less sensible department, a couple of very dear dvds with Laurel & Hardy shorts, which my mother ordered me to bring with me home from a trip to Hamburg, Germany last week. -They are not (yet) available i Denmark. Big Business, Below Zero, Music Box, Night Owls, Midnight Patrol, The Fixer Uppers and Habeas Corpus. -Great, great fun !
And - not to forget - plenty of my absolute favourite: Roast Pork, -the good oldfashioned, danish way with small, sugarbrowned potatoes, red cabbage and gravy and a nice bottle of french red wine. Yummy ! One almost forgot, it was one night only; today The King Returns two more times...
If You're as oldfasnioned as we are in this house, You might also appreciate the dvd's, I brought along from Hamburg for my mother with concerts with her big number one, dutch violinist and bandleader André Rieu, who we think has a wonderful way to make classical music hit very wide. (www.andrerieu.com, if You don't know him. -Mr Rieu and his 45 piece Strauss orchestra will be on tour in the states this spring).

Merry X from us here in DK [beer]

Per (-and mum and dog !)

P.s.: Knowing, that a few of You guys share my soft spot for Model Railroading, I should mention the goal of that Hamburg trip above. -Will do in seperate post.

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 12-25-2003 11:48 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got 9 things... whereas all the rest of the people in my family got 20,000 things. Bastards.

But I suppose I got some fancy stuff, and the thing I've been wanting all fricken year... a Nokia 6800 to replace my dying and constantly useless mobile.

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2003 12:21 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For My Birthday On Christmas and Chanukah, I received
  • The Essential Bob Dylan: 30 songs on 2 CDs
  • An American Album: 150 Years of Harper's Magazine
  • Leather gloves
  • A silk tie
  • A visit from my daughter
  • Lots of telephone calls
This season we've been spending much time visiting five close relatives at a hospice, nursing home, and apartments, down with ailments including cancer, stroke, broken hips, and senility.
"When sorrows come, they come not single spies,
But in battallions."
Happy Holidays, All!

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-25-2003 01:28 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All I asked for was peace on earth and I got it!!! Rock on!

I didn't get anything for ChakaKhan-aka, though.

John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2003 01:34 PM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My family and I got a new home after being without one for almost 2 years (we were living with friends) I got a 100 pack of blank CD-Rs, some clothes that don't fit (from the extended family), and "The Slapstick Encyclopedia" on 5 DVDs from Blackhawk Films and Image Entertainment. (Oh, beautiful Mabel!)

Matthew Bailey
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2003 02:24 PM      Profile for Matthew Bailey   Email Matthew Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this post is acting up on me,either i'm pressing the wrong keys or something. I got some Native American items & some -darn it, i don't want any href crap- something's goin on & it's not me.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-25-2003 03:49 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like Matthew got confusion for X-mas. By the way, Jesus text-messaged me and he prefers the term "X-Mas". Jesus also said that it's best to wait long after X-mas so you can get lower prices.

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2003 05:37 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First and foremost, got to see the family and not work. It was wonderful. I got mostly movies: Seabiscuit, Hulk, Pirates of the Carribean, and James Bond vol. 3. My sis got me Indy but I already have had it since day 1. Oh well, she said I can exchange it. It was funny because my brother in law said he wanted it and we could trade for something, but my mom got Indy for him. I also got a Beatles photo album (very cool) and a book about the 2003 Cubbies. I have a feeling it's going to be a great read up until it talks about the NLCS. [Frown] Finally, the obligatory cash and giftcards. All in all, a great holiday. Oh yes, and I ate VERY VERY well. I love being Polish!

AJG

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: