Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Most Illiterate Fraud Email Ever ?

Author Topic: Most Illiterate Fraud Email Ever ?
Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2003 04:38 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[This email was sent to my wife, who doesn't even have a Citi-bank account. I xx'd her email address.--Gerard]

Dear Citbiank Cleints,

This e-mail was ssent by the Citicards serevrs to veerify your email
addres. You must comlptee this process by clicking on the link
below and enntering in the small window your Citi-bank ATM/Debit
Card nummber and Card Pin that you use on local Atm.
That is done for your pecotrtion -c- because some of our memebrs no
lngeor have acsces to their email adrseesds and we must verify it.

To veerify your e-mail address and access your Citbiank account, klick on
the link below. If ntohing hapneps when you clic on the link -L copie
and paste the link into the addres bar of your web broswer.

http://www.citibank.com/?3pzcXECLctG84LqN458UvZ1vXjtP6Iua93m7HZTUtz2ylumpzv

---------------------------------------------
Thank you for using Citibank!
---------------------------------------------

This automatic email sent to: xxxxxxxxxx@zzz.com
Do not reply to this email.

k5ulArGTtMCLYLPkTykM

|  IP: Logged

Mark Ogden
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2003 05:06 PM      Profile for Mark Ogden   Email Mark Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is getting to be a pretty common scam: a supposed 'account verification' where you are supposed to go to a realistic looking dummy site and fill out various forms. If you do any serious amount of stuff on eBay, as I do (100% positive feedback, thank you very much!) you get two or three of these things a week. When you click on the url link, you get directed to a dummy site that someone set up with eBay logos and similar boxes where you are supposed to enter your log-in and password, credit card number, checking and savings account numbers, ATM machine PIN codes, and basically surrender your whole financial identity. Usually, I just type EAT SHIT and FUCK YOU in all the boxes and hit 'submit'. I encourage others to do the same.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-21-2003 06:43 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seems legit to me! Then again, I am an idiot.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 12-21-2003 10:10 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you ever get your share of those millions from Nigeria, Joe?

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 12-21-2003 10:18 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would be tempted to reply, "come and speak to me at my office regarding my Citibank account; you can then talk it over with my Ithaca pump shotgun."

Perhaps it might be a tad bit cruel to have the attitude, but honestly these kind of thieves deserve a good shotgun blast --at least on their ass cheeks as they're trying to escape.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 12-22-2003 08:20 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They were saying on the radio a few days ago that the 419 scam is now Nigeria's second biggest foreign currency earner after oil. This implies that some folks somewhere are actually falling for it, still, after all the publicity the scam has now had. Scary...

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2003 08:28 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to see more of these kind of e-mails. Check out www.snopes.com

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2003 08:29 AM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, at least they're better written and more logically sound than gerard's example! "pecotrtion"??

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2003 08:32 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't these people believe in spellcheck?

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2003 06:29 PM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I knew a guy who fell for one of these scams. Until the day he died, he was still totally convinced that he would see his million dollars, plus 10 million profit, to the point that he was arranging a bank loan to send 50 grand to hurry up the payment.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: