Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Brad-Joe-Adam-Charles - Same Person? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Brad-Joe-Adam-Charles - Same Person?
Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 12-16-2003 08:55 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could it be? What the thread title says?

Opinion's Please?

|  IP: Logged

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 12-16-2003 09:02 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may have something there Bob. I've never seen them in the same room together.

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-16-2003 09:06 PM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK I can personally vouch for Brad, Joe and Adam all being in the same room as unique individuals. Can't say anything about Charles. It is possible he is an alter ego of one of the forementioned 3.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 12-16-2003 09:37 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
But Todd, how do you *really* know? Perhaps some of them were a 3D laser image projection.

I found it interesting that at the Halloween gathering, I NEVER saw all 3 of 'em in the same room at the same time....

I personally think Brad and Adam do not exist. They are all in reality, Joe. That's why he is my hero!

>>> Phil

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-16-2003 10:38 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This topic, or one similar comes up once every year or two. There was a thread long ago where people were thinking Brad and Joe were the same person. It's silly. I've never met either of them in person, but have seen pictures of both of them in different situations. It is a very entertaining topic, though. One time, I even took a bunch of their posts and counted word frequencies and the distributions were significantly different!

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 12-16-2003 11:28 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Evans, for being the scientific person that you are, I'm totally amazed at those un-scientific statements.

You admit you have never met any of them, yet you say that they cannot be the same person cuz of their pics. That sure ain't logical since, as we all know, pictures can be manipulated by the likes of Photoshop for example.

Also, just because some people have the same or different word usage, count, freq, or whatever does not make them the same or different.

Nice try, but ya gotta come up with some better reasons than those bub! [Razz]

>>> Phil

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-17-2003 01:40 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm satisfied that they're different people. You get quite different responses from them in different situations. I was a bit puzzled at one point in summer 2000, but now, I feel I could almost write a "Brad" or "Joe" response script that could fool people for at least a short while. The scripts would be significatly different. Of course, when I did the word frequency count a couple years ago, Brad responded with a post that contained none of his 10 most frequent words. It's difficult to measure a system without affecting it. [Smile]

Some people would be hard to automate. John Hawkinson would probably require the most lines of code to capture with any degree of accuracy. John Pytlak would be a neat one to try, although many lines of code could be saved by having a Perl function that queries Google and collects relevant links to information on the topic being discussed. [beer]

Wow, what a devious topic I've gotten into. [Smile] ... And I'm just kidding around for fun.

Well, off to a meeting for a while...

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-17-2003 02:26 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You do realize that jHaWk will see this as a gigantic compliment, don't you Evans? Also, why is Charles being compared? Which Charles? Charles Evertete or whatever his name is? Why him, of all people? [Smile]

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 12-17-2003 03:03 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Charles who?" exactly.

I know Brad and Adam are separate people, I've been in a car with both of them.

I think Joe is actually both himself and Tito Jackson at the same time.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 12-17-2003 03:11 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still think Adam and Scott N. are the same person...but - whatever.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 12-17-2003 03:46 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rachel: ???

If you'd brought that video camera to the F-T Halloween gathering, you could have taped both of us together in the same room.

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 12-17-2003 04:02 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think she means the other Scott N. Or mabey not. Would the REAL Scott N. please stand up?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-17-2003 04:54 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
We are ALL just a figment of Jhawk's imagination.

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 12-17-2003 06:47 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*stands up*

*does comedy routine*

*takes off Scott mask and returns to daily hustle and bustle of running an IMAX projector*

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 12-17-2003 07:00 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm...let me guess... Ahhh! Gordon!

>>> Phil

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: