Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Flash Animation is Evil (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Flash Animation is Evil
Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-05-2003 02:06 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why do only morons create Flash animations?

Click here if you dare

Be warned! The above Flash animation is likely to drive a person insane if you let it run too long! Weird.

[ 07-04-2004, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: Joe Redifer ]

|  IP: Logged

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 12-05-2003 02:11 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AAAAAUUGGHHH!
Where do you get this stuff, Joe? It appears you have way too much time on your hands, now that you've replaced all your ORC consoles!

I'm sending this to my kids... they need to be terrorized once in a while!

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 12-05-2003 03:24 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, you just don't get it.

It is really cleaver how the author has metaphorically pointed out one of the most basic fallacies of some people that blindly follow what they consider "truths".

Git wit it bub!

>>> Phil

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 12-05-2003 03:44 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you have finally found something more evil than HAMPSTERDANCE.COM!

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 12-05-2003 04:10 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like hamster dance...ok? [Big Grin] For the record, hamster doesn't have a p! [Smile]

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-05-2003 06:14 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Happy Tree Friends

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-05-2003 06:55 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! The badger thing made its rounds around here 2-3 months ago! I love it! The only bad thing is the sound from it gets stuck in a loop in your head and you can't get rid of it for a couple of days!

Thanks Joe for resurrecting this awesome animation. I'd love to get this playing over and over on all the TVs in, say, Best Buy!

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-05-2003 07:17 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That actually would be pretty cool! And make it so that there is no way for the TVs to be turned off or the sound to be turned down (make it loud). It would clear out Best Buy pretty quick and make it so they had less customers. It would also torture their employees. And they deserve to be tortured.

[ 07-04-2004, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: Joe Redifer ]

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 12-05-2003 09:19 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Rach. Hamsters, the small furry critters are spelled without the "P". Hampsters, the animated cartoons that dance on your computer screen are spelled WITH a "P".

It's on the website.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 12-05-2003 10:24 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard this sick verb "felching." How exactly does that relate in speech to hamsters?

Oh, and I disagree about all Flash animation being evil. The badger guy simply used his Flash "powers" for evil rather than good. I tend to just use Flash for large vector-based still graphics and titles. Better than making someone download a clunky, raggedy and large GIF.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 12-05-2003 11:51 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Evans is correct about "Badger" being around for awhile.

I really like it and I've been running it 24/7 on my 8ft video screen in my S&M dungeon. It really does heighten the "experience".

>>> Phil

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 12-06-2003 01:10 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yes, Rach. Hamsters, the small furry critters are spelled without the "P". Hampsters, the animated cartoons that dance on your computer screen are spelled WITH a "P".

It's on the website.

You have way too much time on your hands! [Wink]

Emma Tomiak
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-06-2003 05:09 AM      Profile for Emma Tomiak   Author's Homepage   Email Emma Tomiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Woo for Rathergood.com

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 12-06-2003 04:53 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
BTW: If you open "Badgers" in more than one window and let all the audio play, the effect is enhanced....it is REALLY cool!

>>> Phil

Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-06-2003 07:32 PM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um, [uhoh] the definition that I heard for 'felching' does not directly relate to hamsters, nor is it anything that even I would want to explain here! [puke]

[ 12-06-2003, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Gracia L. Babbidge ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: