Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Theatre fire

Author Topic: Theatre fire
Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 11-28-2003 01:00 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Desert Sun

quote:
Cinema evacuated after suspicious fire

A suspicious fire shut down the Cinemark Movies 10 on Date Palm Drive in Cathedral City late Tuesday.

No one was injured and theater patrons and staff evacuated themselves prior to the arrival of fire crews about 9:20 p.m.

Cathedral City Fire Division Chief Mike Hatfield said it looked like someone started the fire in the back of the building by igniting a plastic pipe going into the structure.

Theater patrons reported they were watching the movie when the lights came on and fire alarms sounded.

There was smoke and water damage throughout the theater but no estimate on the damage was available Tuesday.

Electrical power to the theater building was shut off while fire crews investigated the blaze.

Three engines responded to the blaze.

A friend of mine runs this theatre. It sustained heavy damage in one auditorium.

|  IP: Logged

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2003 01:12 AM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was a deputy sheriff for Riverside County in 1957 and worked the Cathedral City area. Did a stake-out for a murder suspect there one night. Darn near shot a cat. The theatre wasn't there at the time of course. I understand the whole Palm Springs, Desert Hot Springs, Cathedral City area has grown tremendously since then.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: