Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What happen to Karen at DTS??

Author Topic: What happen to Karen at DTS??
Kyle Watkins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2003 09:13 PM      Profile for Kyle Watkins   Email Kyle Watkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was going though some DTS topics, came across topic "Karen At DTS Goodbye". When clicked on, it to me to the topic "Digital sound for arthouses? YES!" Dont know what that is about. But waht happen to Karen.

Kyle

|  IP: Logged

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 11-23-2003 09:18 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed that, too. Maybe the post that had that string in it was deleted since the search tables were last re-indexed.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 11-23-2003 09:29 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe she ran off with Strong's Pat Moore! [evil]

To quote Roman Polanski ("Chinatown"): You know what happens to nosy guys?

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2003 09:48 PM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I talked to her on the phone Friday about a question I had on an installation and she sounded fine.

KEN

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 11-23-2003 11:24 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat must be a love em and leave them guy [Razz] ...he was in Bangkok this week.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2003 11:27 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is another guy from DTS posting now. I can't remember his name though.

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 11-24-2003 01:01 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can think of another thread that will disappear shortly... [Razz]

Read the FAQ, and you will know why the topic cannot be accessed.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-24-2003 01:06 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She still lurks. DTS likes to keep user problems out of the public eye, so they prefer to respond one on one with the customer vs on a public forum where everyone can benefit from the solutions given.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-24-2003 06:03 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
This is getting annoying. To shut everyone up, I am going to let this thread stand.

#1 If something seems wrong, email me. Do not post a new thread. While you're at it, read the FAQ. (There are forum rules in there you know.) In fact, if you haven't read the FAQ before, or have not in a long time, stop reading this right now and go read it before you post again. You will find a link to it at the top of every forum page. Everything you need to know is in there.

#2 Karen's boss wanted her to leave. In a nutshell, dts does not want to answer questions publicly on a forum. They want to take people who have problems with their system and quickly rush them away to quiet them out of public view without ever even returning to post the resolution so others may benefit (a big no-no of this forum's rules, by the way). Personally, I find this a terrible way to do business, but I am not the big bossman at dts making those decisions and it wasn't Karen's decision either. Deal with it.

#3 Karen was not kicked off of the forum. She may return if she (and her boss) so desires. Assuming she reads her emails, she knows this as well.

#4 Do what Mike says and read the FAQ. For those not smart enough to figure out why that original thread no longer exists and without enough patience to read through the entire document, try right at about halfway down the page.

#5 The search feature on this forum sucks. Sometimes a thread that is moved will turn up in a search of the wrong forum. Again, if something seems amiss, see important point #1 above. Server hiccups, moved threads and other various things will screw up the results from a search. Sometimes it is fixable, sometimes not, sometimes it is intentional. Regardless, if you are dying to know or cannot find something, email.

#6 Finally, read that FAQ page. [Roll Eyes]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: