Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Customer on rampage in Oklahoma City Theatre

Author Topic: Customer on rampage in Oklahoma City Theatre
Daniel Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-19-2003 05:21 PM      Profile for Daniel Wright   Email Daniel Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/1103/110939.html

The article fails to mention which theatre this happened at. At least no one was killed.

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 11-19-2003 05:44 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Please include the text of the article when posting a news link, as explained in the forum faq.

quote:
Man Claiming To Be Jesus Drives Into OKC Movie Theater

Oklahoma City (AP) - Movie goers at an Oklahoma City theater were hit and ordered to bow to a man who drove his car into the theater and claimed to be Jesus Christ.

Terrence Buford was arrested on complaints of assault and battery at the theater in northeast Oklahoma City.

Police say Buford climbed onto his car yesterday, yelled that he's Jesus Christ, then drove into a ticket booth. Police say after ordering people to bow and hitting them, Buford began yelling that he wanted to know where a movie about the late rap singer Tupac Shakur is playing.

The only theater operating in northeast OKC is the Cinemark Tinseltown.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 11-19-2003 06:52 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like the wacko guy that blew thru the main gate at Fairchild AFB in 1989- He said he was Jesus (signed all his paperwork and statement 'Jesus Christ' and everything). When asked why he crashed the gate, he said that he wanted to take a B-52 back to Heaven... [Roll Eyes]

-Aaron

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 11-19-2003 06:53 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first violence related to the Tupac movie.
[Eek!]

(Shouldn't this be in Film Yak?)

Jeff Stuckey
Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2003 12:50 PM      Profile for Jeff Stuckey   Email Jeff Stuckey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That happened at the Cinemark Tinseltown USA on I-44 at Martin Luther King Blvd. The news just loves that theatre to death because there is always something going on either in or around the theater. I was just there last night, and the box office really sustained only minimal outside damage. He didn't drive through it as some might picture. The general manager told me all about the events, and this guy really sounded like he was on PCP or some other wacko drug. He kept grabbing people waiting in line for concessions and telling them to bow before him.

Another random event in the lives of crazy people and movie theaters. There's one a minute.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 11-20-2003 04:28 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good point Tim, moving to Yak.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 11-20-2003 05:24 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cinemark Tinseltown in OKC kind of lives up to that old Chris Rock joke: "if you are driving on Martin Luther King boulevard in any city, you're in the shitty part of town!". The OKC Tinseltown location is pretty much on the north end of "the shit."

I think it would have been more spectacular for the "Jesus driver" to plow into the ticket booth of the AMC Quail Springs Mall theater in Oklahoma City. Because then he would have to drive into the mall and go plowing through one of the primary walkways. Then he would have to launch his car off a walkway balcony down into the food court where some booths resemble old retro cars. Jesus driver's vehicle would slide to a stop as it smashed into the AMC ticket counter. Then, in the fashion of any Jerry Bruckheimer or Joel Silver production, the car would explode in a huge fireball that shatters all the atrium windows.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 11-20-2003 05:33 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He must have thought he was Buford Pusser and he was Walking Tall [Smile]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 11-20-2003 07:10 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If he is a god, shouldn`t he know which theatre that movie plays in rather than having to ask?

Manuel Francisco Valencia
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2003 10:10 PM      Profile for Manuel Francisco Valencia   Email Manuel Francisco Valencia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being an employee of this theatre and checking up on felony/misdemeanor reports I can tell you that statistically speaking this is one of the safest theatres in OKC. Fact of the matter is the news, papers, and all other media do not like to put out a lot of publicity about the theatre on the "nice" side of town. I believe this is the only case where we have had someone who was mentally ill do anything like this.

Daniel Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-21-2003 06:31 AM      Profile for Daniel Wright   Email Daniel Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't we just chalk this up as annother example of why people should NOT eat theatre nachoes.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: