Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » getting paid for online surveys and other work at home discussion

Author Topic: getting paid for online surveys and other work at home discussion
Kevin Wale
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2003 08:02 PM      Profile for Kevin Wale   Email Kevin Wale   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wondering if anyone has experience in this arena. Are there certain ones not to join(websites that you pay a 30 dollar fee to have apparently hundreds of surveys sent to you or you sent to them where you get paid up to 200 dollars an hour and things of the sort).

I have talked to real people that really and truly do this sort of stuff and make good money doing it. I just don't know which ones to go for. A 30 dollar fee doesn't bother me if the site is legit. Especially since I spend so much time online anyway and taking a few surveys a day would be a hickup in my schedule and the interviews where you make 150 to 200 dollars an hour, I could probably do one a day if not more with my schedule.

I like the idea because it's not a get rich quick scheme and it actually does take a person being diligent to actually make it work(especially since I actually hate reading surveys LOL.)

Any thoughts?

|  IP: Logged

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 11-12-2003 11:34 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know Don does these, I'm sure he'll chime in eventually... I guess you can make pretty good money! [Smile]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-13-2003 01:05 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like the 21st century equivalent of the old "stuffing envelopes" scam.

Don Bruechert
Mmmmmmmmm, bird!

- posted 11-13-2003 06:52 PM      Profile for Don Bruechert   Author's Homepage   Email Don Bruechert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this week I did one that got me $50, one that got me $40 and one that got me $30 - I guess I did alright! All these are from major organizations that seek my professional opinions relating to telecom services that I manage at work.

I also do surveys for harrispollonline, which cover a wide variety of topics, and earn you points that you can redeem for things out of a gift catalog. They give you an entry into their $10K sweepstakes for every survey you do too, but I doubt I would ever see any of that. Another one is greenfieldonline. They annoy me a little more because they will pay out a buck or two to do a survey if you are one of the first couple hundred people that fill it out, and then you get entered for a chance to win one of 10 $50 prizes or so. Their surveys tend to be longer, which is annoying when I can get paid $50 to do a 30 minute one, and if I am lucky I get a buck to do one of their 20 minute ones. I have won the drawings on occasion though. NPDonline is another one, but they keep ignoring my application to join. your2cents pays out pretty good when they give you a survey, but they don't ask very often, and opinionsite pays out well too...

I really don't mind doing most of these, and I think I will knock off about $600 tax free for doing them this year. The only thing that I think is a scam is paying someone to tell you where to sign up. Sometimes you can make your money back fairly quickly and other times it can take forever. If you really want to get into it look into online surveys on google or somewhere and just go sign up - how often they ask you for stuff depends on your interests. It only works if the only thing you give them is time, and they give you something fair in return.

Kevin Wale
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2003 06:18 PM      Profile for Kevin Wale   Email Kevin Wale   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Don. That helps a lot. So far I've just found the ones where you get entered into drawings. I guess I'll have to search harder for the paying ones.

I'm really interested in the chat sessions too. They pay quite a bit more and they sound like a bit more fun.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: