Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Animal cruelty

Author Topic: Animal cruelty
Kyle Watkins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-07-2003 11:11 PM      Profile for Kyle Watkins   Email Kyle Watkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok for the last couple of mounths there have been some of this. Which brings me to........Does any one know what kind of laws that puts these peole behind bars, i dont know the laws of this. But what I can say, what ever they are. They are NOT stiff enough.

All news are from. www.wpecnews12.com

A Doggoon shame

ARMED WITH A SEARCH WARRANT.. ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICERS AND DEPUTIES MOVED IN ON A HOME IN LOXAHATCHEE.
THE OFFICERS SEIZED DOZENS OF ANIMALS.. THEY SAY WERE BEING KEPT IN FILTHY.. INHUMANE CONDITIONS.
AT PALM BEACH COUNTY ANIMAL CONTROL.. SOME 60 ANIMALS ARE BEING HELD.. THAT WERE SEIZED IN LOXAHATCHEE.. ARE BEING KEPT RIGHT NOW.. THE ANIMALS' OWNERS POTENTIALLY FACING CRUELTY CHARGES.
"The smell was absolutely horrible."
ANIMAL CONTROL DIRECTOR DIANNE SAUVE SHOWED US PICTURES.. AND VIDEO OF THE FILTHY CONDITIONS SHE SAYS OFFICERS ENCOUNTERED SERVING A SEARCH WARRANT AT THE HOME OF MERYL ANDERSON AND HER HUSBAND CHARLES.
"Feces-filled cages, cages with urine and build up of hair."
OFFICERS SEIZED 27 DOGS.. MORE THAN A DOZEN BIRDS.. AND OTHER ANIMALS. THEY ALSO FOUND SIX FROZEN ANIMALS IN A FREEZER.. WHICH ANIMAL CONTROL SAYS IS NOT UNCOMMON IN CASES LIKE THESE.
INVESTIGATORS DO NOT BELIEVE THE ANDERSON'S WERE BREEDING THE ANIMALS.. THESE WERE SIMPLY THEIR PETS.
"Whether people do this intentionally or not, this is neglect."
AT THE PROPERTY.. CHARLES ANDERSON TOLD US HE WOULD NOT GO ON CAMERA UNTIL HE TALKED TO HIS LAWYER.. BUT HE CLAIMS ANIMAL CONTROL IS WRONG. I ASKED HIM ABOUT THE ANIMALS WE SAW.. AND PICTURES AND VIDEO.
HE SAYS THE ANIMALS WERE WELL FED AND IN GOOD HEALTH.
OFFICERS DID NOT TAKE FOUR OF THE ANDERSONS' DOGS.. WHICH WERE IN GOOD SHAPE.
ANIMAL CONTROL HERE SAYS IT WILL GO TO COURT SOON TO TRY AND GET CUSTODY OF THESE ANIMALS THAT THEY SEIZED IN LOXAHATCHEE.
IF THEY'RE SUCCESSFUL IN GETTING CUSTODY.. ANIMAL CONTROL SAYS IT WILL FILE CHARGES AGAINST THE ANIMALS' OWNERS.

November 7, 2003 - 10:35PM

Kitten Abuse

A SHOCKING CASE OF ANIMAL CRUELTY.
COPS SAY A 16-YEAR-OLD BOY SKINNED ONE KITTEN.. ATTACKED ANOTHER WITH A MACHETE.. AND BEAT A THIRD.. NEARLY TO DEATH.
IT HAPPENED AT MARC TURNER'S HOME IN FORT PIERCE.
COPS SAY THE TEEN FOUND THE STRAY KITTENS LAST WEEK.. AND ABUSED AND KILLED THEM.. IN FRONT OF HIS 7-YEAR-OLD BROTHER.
POLICE BELIEVE TURNER DUMPED TWO OF THE KITTENS IN THE WOODS.. THE OTHER WAS RESCUED BY TURNER'S SISTER.. WHO BROUGHT IT TO THE HUMANE SOCIETY.
IT HAD A BROKEN HIP AND BACK AND A SEVERED TAIL.
THAT KITTEN HAD TO BE PUT DOWN.
TURNER WAS ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH THREE COUNTS OF ANIMAL CRUELTY.
INVESTIGATORS SAY.. THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME TURNER HAS ABUSED AN ANIMAL.

November 5, 2003 - 10:22PM

|  IP: Logged

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 11-07-2003 11:33 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I fail to see the point of putting that disgusting SHIT on this website. Surely you can find something more up-beat to post if you really try hard. I would gladly put a bullet in those "people's" head with out any remorse. Umm no, actually their kneecaps so they get to be tortured...

>>> Phil

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-07-2003 11:51 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
The punishment should fit the crime.

Kyle Watkins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-07-2003 11:55 PM      Profile for Kyle Watkins   Email Kyle Watkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My point was. Becuse i do not know the laws on these matters and if i just ask what kind of laws are there with out saying what happen, soeme might need that info. sorry to offen any one that has to read the topics. if they need to be delated, whould not take it in any worng way, and plus no one eles has to read it. it is f**k up shit to read. again my apologies to all.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 11-08-2003 01:07 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Kyle, you are correct. It is good to bring this to the attention of people. I was off-base.

>>> Phil

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-08-2003 05:21 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why would anyone keep frozen animals as pets? And they even said that it was common in cases like this.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-08-2003 10:19 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Brad on this one for sure.
Mark

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-18-2003 05:27 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A house full of dogs? You'll see 1 or 2 of those stories a month. Hell, in the SF Bay area a woman owned a house whose occupants were all cats. [Wink]

For truly cruel behaviour you have to go to Nova Scotia. Last summer 2 teenage boys grabbed Joey the cat and hanged him from a tree in the woods near Halifax. A 13-year-old boy nearby cut down the noose, gave Joey mouth-to-mouth resuscitation . . . and Joey meowed. One of the perps copped a plea and turned state's evidence. The other perp was convicted last month.

Joey was nursed back to health and has been adopted in a loving home. As for the perps? One mom told the local press that she got more grief for her son hanging a cat than for causing a train derailment.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 11-19-2003 07:00 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not really related, but there's an interesting article in the current issue of the New Yorker magazine about the lengths to which film producers must go in order to satisfy the American Humane Association's requirements for the seal that is placed in the end credits of most major-studio releases (the "no animals were harmed..." tag).

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: