Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Better Than Sex (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Better Than Sex
Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-27-2003 08:54 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, this is not a teasing subject line. That's the topic! Better than sex is a fairly common expression. But what actually is? Nominations, please!

|  IP: Logged

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 10-27-2003 08:56 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose that might depend on how you define sex.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-27-2003 09:02 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True...that might matter for some. Let's use a more inclusive definition...when anyone of these connects with anyone of those as opposed to the narrow Clintonion definition where sex only happens when this goes there.

(The latter definition also popular, if you read the papers, among the junior high set who deny that doing that "counted.")

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 10-27-2003 11:37 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So what does "Better than Sex" mean, really?

For instance, does it mean if there was a really hot babe standing next to you wearing little or no clothing saying, "Let's get it on, baby!", that you would turn the offer down in favor of the other thing that's (supposedly) better?

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-27-2003 11:49 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No idea...I don't use the expression. I don't suppose a tradeoff is absolutely required. How about "I've done A; I've done B. B is better."

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 10-28-2003 12:05 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a cake called a Better than sex cake. I have eaten it but I can't say it is better than sex.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-28-2003 01:01 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The sleeping after the sex is, well I don't know if it's better, but it's damn close.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2003 02:10 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scratching?

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 10-28-2003 02:19 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Waking up every morning and finding you are still on top of the sod and not under it.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 10-28-2003 02:45 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris: Depends on what one is "scratching"....

Bob: Yeah, leave it to you to fall asleep ***during*** sex...

>>> Phil

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2003 04:14 AM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
according to one of the subjects in cinemania, watching movies is better than sex. hey, sometimes that's true.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-28-2003 10:26 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was an article in the papers recently about some folks who do nothing but attend movies all day and evening and to the extent any were gainfully employed it was only to support the habit. One got the impression that they would be lacking one half of the knowledge necessary to make a valid sex vs. movie-watching comparison.

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 10-28-2003 12:06 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Taking a good [bs]

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2003 01:33 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's like the common saying "the best thing since sliced bread". Well, what was the best thing before sliced bread?

Better than sex? Hmmm. That's a tough one, especially since I've never had sex. How about good affection and true love between people? I think that's the most important thing.

Steven Privett
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2003 02:39 PM      Profile for Steven Privett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why Baseball IS Better Than Sex

The Top Ten

10. It is legal to play professionally.
9. You can count on it at least four times a week.
8. You have a coach to tell you when to advance.
7. When you are tired, you always get relieved.
6. If you strike out once, you always have two more chances for a hit.
5. Up to four people can score at once.
4. Pop ups are frequent.
3. 30,000 people cheer when you score.
2. After seven innings, you get to stretch.
1. You can get a home run without any foreplay.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: