Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Candid Camera

Author Topic: Candid Camera
Edward Jurich
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2003 10:51 AM      Profile for Edward Jurich   Email Edward Jurich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a promo for a Candid Camera show. They set up one of those things at a theater entrance like you see in department stores for catching shoplifters. But in this case it's a hidden candy detector. Then they trip it as people walk through. The clip I saw showed a girl pulling boxes of candy out of her purse. Looks like a hoot. You'd have to check local listings because it'll probably run at different times in different cities.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-24-2003 06:19 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched a few shows about a year ago, its aired on PAX every Sunday night and is a great alternative to 60 Seconds. They still manage to come up with some funny stiff on occassion. Its now being done, and the show hosted by Alan Funt's son.

I still love and remember how funny the old classic Alan Funt shows were. The talking mailbox, the car that pulled into a gas station with only three tires out of four, The lady that wanted fresh air put in her tires etc.

Ther is a web site for the show at www.candidcamera.com

Mark @ CLACO

Edward Jurich
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2003 10:58 PM      Profile for Edward Jurich   Email Edward Jurich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have two favorites from the old shows. One where they push a car downhill without an engine, it pulls into a full service gas station at the bottom of the hill. The attendant lifts the hood to check the oil, tells the guy his engine is missing. The guy replies, "well it was in there when I pulled in".
The other is when they fitted a 100 gal gas tank into an old Volkswagon bug. Then did a bet with a gas station attendant as to how much gas the volkswagon could hold.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: