Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » New Chat Room Software (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: New Chat Room Software
Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 10-16-2003 05:31 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've installed a new chat program for the forums... unfortunately it seems to have a few issues with some browsers.

So far it seems it works fine with IE and Opera for Windows.

It also seems to work acceptably with IE for Mac... but occasionally stops updating itself so you have to hit the refresh button or type something to update the chat text window.

The problem is probably javascript related but I'm too tired right now to sort it out.

So... if you find a browser that doesn't work with the chat software, post the browser name and version along with the operating system and version you are using.

Also include what you are doing wrong to cause the problem. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 10-16-2003 06:29 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Daryl, a FYI: While I like the "easy-on-the-eyes" med-grey background, some colors like the cyan and my hot pink don't show up well against that background.

>>> Phil

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-16-2003 07:27 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How's that Share-Your-DTS-Files feature coming along? [Cool]

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 10-16-2003 04:43 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Mac OS X and Safari 1.0 ... you need to make sure Java 1.4.1 has been installed. This update was released on September 8, 2003.

Apple download page ... look out, it's a 40MB download

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-16-2003 05:13 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
40MB usually downloads in less than a minute from Apple's site.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 10-16-2003 05:22 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're on a wireless network, the loss and reaquisition of signal may cause your IP address to change. If this occurs, you will need to log off and back on for the chat room to operate properly. And stop walking around! [Razz]

Erick Akers
Arse Kicker

- posted 10-16-2003 10:24 PM      Profile for Erick Akers   Email Erick Akers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm running IE 6 and MSN 8 and now when the page refreshes the complete screen blanks for about 2.5 seconds when new post are made. From what I can tell I'm guessing the refresh rate is to slow??? and I miss two or three post. I also noticed that I can't just refresh the page to log back in.
Thanks,
Film-Tech's official "Arse Kicker"
Erick [Wink]

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2003 11:36 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Chat Room is not working good by me.

I have successfully logged on and off the Forums using my existing password.

When I try to log into the Chat Room, I get the following message:

Log In address does not match Log In Id . Either I am logged in somewhere else, my IP has changed or another person has logged in under my ID.

But while getting this message, my name came up on the USERS ONLINE window, but I still was not able to access the chat-room.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 10-16-2003 11:57 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Erick, I noticed the same thing. But other than that, it seemed to work OK for me. No complaints other than the refresh takes a little too long sometimes

John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2003 12:37 AM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I go in it displays code in the window.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

- posted 10-17-2003 02:01 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There shouldn't be any more problems with the source code being displayed. I'm an idiot. [sleep]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-17-2003 03:08 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Camino for OS X I press "Chat" button on the frameside.html and I get the 404 error. Updated with da latest Java crap. Same goes with Safari in OS X.

Seems to work fine with Netscape 7.1 for OS X, as well as Internet Explorer 5.2 for OS X.

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2003 03:52 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Running a Timex Sinclair 1000, & cannot get the chat to work at all.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 10-17-2003 08:33 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't work on a Commodore 64 or VAXstation, either.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

- posted 10-17-2003 07:14 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's too bad... it works with my Adam Computer.

Due to the current security configuration of the software, some AOL users may not be able to stay logged in.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: