Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Roy mauled by Tiger (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Roy mauled by Tiger
Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2003 01:22 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone heard?

The latest here in Vegas is that Roy from the act "Siegfried and Roy" was mauled by one of his tigers this evening. He was at UMC hospital in critical condition - the last I heard.

I am sure it will be in the paper tomorrow.

|  IP: Logged

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 10-04-2003 01:58 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is on the internet even today!

Ron Yost
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2003 07:54 AM      Profile for Ron Yost   Email Ron Yost   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dragged off the stage by the neck! So says the news.

Ron Yost

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2003 10:55 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's already on the tv news. That's sad because they are good entertainers. I always wondered when something like this was going to happen, though. When you work with wild animals it's only a matter of time before one mistakes something as an aggressive action and attacks.

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2003 07:52 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wild animals should never NEVER perform !

and that's it !

Per

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 10-04-2003 08:10 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, don't think so. As long as they are treated right and with respect and not abused, they are to be enjoyed with awe.

Most people would never have the chance to see these beautiful animals without such "shows".

>>> Phil

Roger Katz
Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2003 07:10 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good for the tiger! It's disgusting the way people manipulate animals for entertainment purposes.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 10-05-2003 07:39 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you gave the tigers a Beefeater Gin Martini or twobefore the show the outcome would have been different. [Smile]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 10-05-2003 07:57 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Instead of yapping, the unenlightened need to do their research and see how much Siegfried and Roy have contributed to the preservation of the species and the welfare of the animals. These animals are more well off and taken care of than most household dogs and cats and other "pets".

Again, their unbelievable show (and ticket cost) has allowed many people to enjoy and gain respect for these great animals and has allowed them to contribute to the welfare of all animals.

I respect them and their work both on stage and off.

>>> Phil

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 10-05-2003 09:17 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The sad thing is the future of the Siegfried and Roy show is now in doubt. Of the known white tigers in existence, Siegfried and Roy have something like 25% of the world's population. Every tiger species on the planet is greatly threatened with extinction. Rampant overpopulation in India is dooming the Bengal Tiger. The Siberian Tiger is also in great danger for people consuming tiger habitat and the grossly perverted poaching business which profits off demand from the orient. Weathly businessmen in far east countries still think it is a great thing of status to have a bowl of tiger penis soup. [fu]

As much as some like to make gay jokes about Siegfried and Roy, and just generally put them down, those two fellows do more to keep tigers in the minds of the public and make us care about their preservation.

Many of the cultures in the far east are very backward, under educated and destructively selfish (one of the reasons why AIDS is making such a horrible burn through that area of the world now). Too bad this is where nearly all of the world's wild tigers live. Pretty soon the only living tigers may be captive ones. This is also true of several other big cat species (like the cheetah, which is also now very endangered).

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-05-2003 09:43 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tiger gives Roy his comeuppance and Rush being investigated for drugs. All in all a pretty good week.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 10-05-2003 09:49 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Roy can certainly stand on his own with out any "tiger" or media help...

>>> Phil

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 10-05-2003 09:49 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a vacant apartment in New York.....after a tiger and alligator where evicted......
I have seen the S & R show and they rate among the best of the offerings of Las Vegas.......30 + years without a serious injury proves they have been in the bonus round for a long time. We where going to catch it last year but the person we invited was too scared to see them in an unprotected setting on stage.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 10-05-2003 09:51 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that Richard... another example of the abuse of animals...

I hope they fry that asshole.

>>> Phil

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 10-05-2003 09:58 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quick reader [Smile] The guy is still in the hospital with the "dog bite" he said he received........

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: