Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Warranties

Author Topic: Warranties
Martin Brooks
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-13-2003 05:13 PM      Profile for Martin Brooks   Author's Homepage   Email Martin Brooks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't shop in a Best Buy either, but don't blame the kids that work there for not knowing anything....they're all minimum wage and mostly part-time. Why should they know anything more than someone who works in McDonald's? They don't get paid any more.

I've had mixed experiences with other chains. One now defunct chain had a price protection policy. I went back there and they gave me no hassle whatsoever - I got back the price difference plus 10% when I found an ad with a cheaper price for the same product. However, I once had a Monster Cable that failed which I had purchased from the same chain. The Monster warranty certificate states to take the product back to the place of purchase. They absolutely refused to take it back or exchange it. I finally had to send it back to Monster, but I was really pissed.

I once bought an air conditioner from another chain. Spent all night in about 110 degrees installing the thing. When I woke up in the morning, I was bathed in sweat - the thing didn't cool worth a damn. I don't think it was faulty - it probably just wasn't a big enough unit, but it was the largest size of that particular model. So I take it apart to pack it back up again. Unfortunately, when I took it back out of the window, it spilled water all over my living room floor and the carton. Getting all the pieces back in the carton was like putting a jigsaw puzzle back together. And I had a fan on the carton to try to dry it out.

So I bring it back to the store and wait on the return line and see a sign that says "15% restocking fee on all returns." So I'm pissed-off if they do take it back and I'm also still worried that they won't take it back because it's not in "resalable condition." Not only did they take it back and not charge me a restocking fee, but they didn't even look inside the carton. I could have had bricks in there and they never would have known.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-13-2003 05:43 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Use the "post reply" not "post new topic" please.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: