Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Showeast (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Showeast
Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 09-09-2003 08:23 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any members traveling to Showeast stop by the Neumade booth and say hello. If I'm not in the booth....well, you will know where I am. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 09-09-2003 09:51 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If I'm not in the booth....well, you will know where I am.

Gee, we never see you at the SMPTE, Dye Track, or Inter-Society Committee meetings. So where are you? [Wink]

Bob Maar

- posted 09-09-2003 10:18 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, I caught that little wink at the end of your post. The last time I attended a SMPTE meeting their office was still at 9 East 51st Street in NYC. The word "Xenon" was new to our vocabulary. Skouras still ran theatres around the country and the Shine circuit still controlled the majority of theatre upstate NY.

I have complete faith in the committee's that are guiding into the age of "Cyan Die Tract" CDT to members of the committee. Oh yes! I am exactly where all the committee members want to be. [Wink]

Bob Maar

- posted 09-10-2003 07:37 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well John,

I guess it's just you and me at "Showeast." [Smile]

Andrew Lee
Film Handler

- posted 09-11-2003 01:21 PM      Profile for Andrew Lee   Email Andrew Lee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, I look forward to tipping back one, maybe two with you in a couple of weeks.

Bob Maar

- posted 09-11-2003 02:40 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, I must admit I took a peek at the trade show floor and I knew you were coming. [Smile]

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 10-09-2004 09:04 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 394 days since the last post.

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2004 09:04 PM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
:Bumping to top:

Anyone else going to SHOWEAST??! This will be my 1st visit in 4 years! I can't wait! Someone bring their camera to take my pic!

Paul Goulet

Don Furr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2004 09:29 PM      Profile for Don Furr   Email Don Furr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I plan to be there at least for the first day....
Anyone else?

Don

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2004 10:49 PM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I plan to be there at least for the first day...."

I'll be arriving Monday and leaving Friday..

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 10-11-2004 01:22 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there again this year.

Steve

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2004 01:56 AM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure of the day yet, but I will be there for 1 day. Probably during the beginning of the week. I'll probably help set up Strongs booth and then spend the first day at the show. Then I get to drive from there to Omaha!! Actually, I have to drive a car back anyway and it just so happens that they were nice enough to schedule the trade show around me!

Rick

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2004 06:30 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be there ...

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2004 07:10 PM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to try to go...but I don't have tickets to get in. Does anyone know where I can get them? I e-mailed someone from the Showest, but they never got back to me.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 10-11-2004 09:53 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not this year. [Frown]

My wife Betsy is in the hospital for a week of EEG testing this week (epilepsy), and we're not sure what the neurologist may want to do after the results are in later this month.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: