Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Football!!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Football!!!
Mike Pennell
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2003 04:25 AM      Profile for Mike Pennell   Email Mike Pennell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With the season starting what teams do you call your own? I know its almost a political subject with some, but who's your team?

Go Cowboys!!! You can stop the laughter its a rebuilding season! [beer]

|  IP: Logged

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 09-07-2003 07:02 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New York Jets - Things are not looking to good. They are still my team of choice. [Smile] J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS [thumbsup]

Someone let Rachel know the Patriots got their blocks knocked off today.----then duck.

[ 09-07-2003, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: Bob Maar ]

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 09-07-2003 10:36 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PATRIOTS...even though I live in Packers land now.

Brad Haven
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2003 10:41 AM      Profile for Brad Haven   Email Brad Haven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the fremantle dockers!

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-07-2003 07:34 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Broncos.... the ones who beat Green Bay Packers in what I thought was one of the best Super Bowl games ever. Hell it was one of the best FOOTBALL games ever, not just Superbowl!

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2003 07:45 PM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Well Even though I was born and raised in Texas, I Hate the Cowboys. [Eek!] I am a Cheesehead all the way, even though they lost today. [Roll Eyes]

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 09-07-2003 07:54 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BAH!

Football is a strange game. It is the only game I know of that a bunch of dudes line up and bend over. Then you have some idiot running behind them and sniffing everybody's butts. Then someone reaches between the legs of a guy in the center and comes up with a ball. Then he throws the damn thing down the field and all the guys chase after the one with a ball. They grab him, throw him on the ground, and grope him. Then someone blows a whistle.

Very strange game indeed.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 09-07-2003 08:23 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We do not have a professional football team based here in our island state of Hawaii but we do have a fine college team, the University of Hawaii "Warriors". They belong to the WAC tournament and is expected to do very well again this year under their coach, June Jones. The Warriors were rock bottom in the league before Jones took over but tied for 1st during the first season after he took over. He just signed a five year $400,000.00 per year contract a few days ago and getting more money than the president of the university. I am not sure but I think he is getting more money than the governor per year making him the highest paid state employee.

-Claude

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2003 08:25 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I were to have an NFL team to call mine it would be the Seahawks. But I've pretty much given up on pro ball as it has become sterile. You can just about predict what they are going to do. I'll take the local high school team or college football over the NFL anytime.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 09-07-2003 08:41 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When it comes down to it, I have lost most of my interest in professional sports. They are paid too much, some are not very smart (just a strong back) and too commercialized.

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2003 08:56 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but its sure fun to drink beer and hoot and holler with!!!
A louisiana CHEESEHEAD!

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 09-07-2003 09:49 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAHA the Packers lost!!! Oh wait, I'll get my head chopped off for that here... Darn Packers make in impossible to go into Green Bay on Sundays. [Roll Eyes]

Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2003 10:00 PM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a big fan of pro-football and don't condider myself a Dallas Cowboys fan, I do hope they win. I guess rooting for the home team thing..

On the other hand in college football.. GO SOONERS! Was nice to see that White as able to finish the game this year. Hopefully that streak will continue.

Boomer Sooner!

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2003 01:57 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is not a dime's worth of difference between spectator sports & soap operas. I got the time, patience, & couch-flattened behind for neither of them.

John Carpenter
Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2003 11:41 AM      Profile for John Carpenter   Email John Carpenter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You cant expect much, coming from a guy in Gainesville, but Florida Gators Football is the best. Although I dont like the pros for pretty much the same reasons stated above (way overpaid and overhyped) I love college football Saturdays! Teams are always changing as students come and go. As for me I will always bleed orange and blue... and I guess this is the one thing Steven (from cross town Regal) and I can agree on [Wink]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: