Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » RIP Charles Bronson

Author Topic: RIP Charles Bronson
Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-31-2003 10:42 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just read Chuck B died on Saturday. I'll remember him as Paul Kersey, I think it was great he was in his 70s I think and still kickin ass in Death Wish 5.

|  IP: Logged

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 08-31-2003 11:05 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, man! Another icon passes into history. I'm sorry to hear this news. I will always remember him in "Once Upon a Time in the West" -- and "The Magnificent Seven" (of course)!

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 08-31-2003 11:07 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have suffered a loss of another fine actor. There are not too many left. He will me missed.

Peter Kerchinsky
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2003 04:21 AM      Profile for Peter Kerchinsky   Email Peter Kerchinsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will always remember the first film I saw with him HOUSE OF WAX in 3-D. He was billed as Charles Bochinski.
Hope I spelled that right.
Great in DIRTY DOZEN, MAGNIFICENT SEVEN, GREAT ESCAPE and of course the first two DEATH WISH films.
We toast you Charlie. You were a damn good actor.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 09-01-2003 09:25 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't he also in ANY WHICH WAY YOU CAN? Had the punching match with Clint Eastwood.

Steve

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 09-01-2003 09:34 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
here is a link to the story. Bronson was one of my favorite action tough guy actors. Other than the first Death Wish I liked him in Death Hunt and Telefon.

Charles Bronson passes away

quote:
Wasn't he also in ANY WHICH WAY YOU CAN? Had the punching match with Clint Eastwood.
No that was an actor named William Smith.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2003 09:37 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I first saw Mr. Bronson in "Master Of The World" in 1961. Fun little film.
I'll miss him.

Tony Ratcliff
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2003 12:47 PM      Profile for Tony Ratcliff   Email Tony Ratcliff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let us not forget one of my favorites: The Mechanic.

Tony

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2003 01:27 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Charles will indeed be missed and is one of the last of Hollywoods "personality" actors. That is, Charles was always Charles no matter what character he was playing just as John Wayne was always John wayne and Jimmy Stewart was always Jimmy Stewart. While I grew up in that era and will always love those actors, today's crop of thespians are very good and capable of losing themselves in their character.

RIP Chuck.

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2003 07:18 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr Bronson will sure be missed.
Noone so far mentioned his teaming up with the great Toshiro Mifune in "Red Sun" - Not bad either !

p.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: