Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Outlook Calendar items in triplicate

Author Topic: Outlook Calendar items in triplicate
Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2003 10:27 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After I installed Windows XP last week, I installed Office XP. Previously I used Outlook 98. I have a Handspring Visor that I sync with Outlook. I also sync with my Yahoo! Calendar using Intellisync for Yahoo!. I was looking through my calendar in Outlook, and all my old items (not ones I added recently) are doubled, some even trippled! Whaaaa??? Any way to remove these extra items without screwing things up further?

*Edit: Here are a few things I've discovered. My backup does contain the duplicate and triplicate items. So there goes that idea. But check this out. For some items that appear in triplicate, the time has been changed. For example, if I had Work scheduled from 12-3, there is also a Work from 3-6 and a Work from 6-9. What the???
What I'd like to do is remove all calender items from my Visor, Outlook, and Yahoo, restore my Outlook calendar from a backup (assuming this problem happened after my last backup), and then sync again to restore the calender to the Visor and Yahoo. Is there a way to delete just the calendar without deleting the entire .pst file? (I don't want to delete the .pst because I have recent email I want to keep.) And how do I clear the Palm OS (Visor) calendar withough restore the whole thing to its original settings?

|  IP: Logged

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-20-2003 11:56 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had a similar problems with Outlook Express showing un-read e-mails in triplicate. (i.e you logg in and it appears that everyone has sent you 3 copies of each new e-mail).

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: