Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » XP Pro Dial Up problems

Author Topic: XP Pro Dial Up problems
Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-12-2003 01:49 PM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a New Lap Top with XP Home Edition on it and needed to upgrade to XP Pro , when I did this I lost all my Dial up settings and all the Micorsoft KB said was to enable RasMan in the settings well it couldn't be done , even using inetwiz or Create New connection the Dial up option was Greyed out , I did a complete reinstall of XP Home to check the Dial up and it worked OK , then installed Pro again and lost dial up again ..... well after doing some searching I found this Gem of a Fix .. [beer]
I wanted to let you know that my my dial-up connection problem has been fixed --but,
not by any of the fixes posted on Microsoft's site. I'll list the steps used to fix
my problem with the Remote Access Connection Manager service --which *was* due to
a corrupted registry. But, I'm not sure if the same fix will work for you. Here's
the path:

Run: regedit
Select folders in the folllowing order:
-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
-SYSTEM
-Current Control Set
-Services
-RasMan
-PPP
-EAP
-when you get to this point, you should see 4 folders (numbered 4, 13, 25, 26)
-DELETE: folders 25 and 26

Note: This fixed my problem immediately. And, when I rebooted, all of my dial-up
settings were restored.
I hope that this will work for you, too.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: