Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Adam, You Have A Friend With Newmarket Films

Author Topic: Adam, You Have A Friend With Newmarket Films
Jeff Stuckey
Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2003 10:21 AM      Profile for Jeff Stuckey   Email Jeff Stuckey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone.

A couple weeks ago, I was given the task of putting together a special VIP screening of WHALE RIDER here in Oklahoma City. Reason being that Mr. Bob Berney, president of Newmarket Films, is from here and was coming to town to show the film to family and friends. It turned out to be a fairly large affair, but it went off without a hitch (well, except for a brain wrap around reel 4 because someone decided to use masking tape to fix a splice, but that's another story).

In any case, Bob and I had a chance to talk for quite a while before the screening. I told him that I really was a big fan of his studio, especially his film MEMENTO. He had mentioned to me that Christopher Nolan was signed on to do another film for them after he finishes Batman. He also said that Newmarket is planning a rerelase of DONNIE DARKO later this year.

If any of you know Bob's background, he owned the Inwood Theatre in Dallas and is also a big movie theatre buff. We then started talking about Adam's site Cinematour.com. I passed along the link to him, and understand it was all he could talk about at dinner that night with some of his friends. He got such a kick visiting the site, and looking at all of the pictures. A new Cinematour fan is born.

Just wanted to pass along that information to you Adam, and to everyone in the group. Always keep up the great work with Cinematour and Film-Tech! These sites are really some of the best on the internet!!

Take care everyone...Have a great weekend! Gigli I am sure is destined for a comeback! [Razz]

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 08-08-2003 05:07 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
That's pretty cool to hear, Jeff. Thanks!

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 08-09-2003 09:59 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am happy for you, Adam. You probably don`t have many (if any) friends in real life!

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 08-09-2003 11:50 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kind of like you, eh Mike?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: