Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » How many pickup trucks out there? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: How many pickup trucks out there?
Chris Markiewicz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2003 09:13 PM      Profile for Chris Markiewicz   Email Chris Markiewicz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Following on Michael's truck toolbox thread, I've been seeing a lot of Ford Ranger/Mazda pickups around. Who here has or has had a pickup truck? Mine's a '98 Mazda B3000 Cab Plus; just paid off.

|  IP: Logged

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 08-07-2003 09:15 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a GMC Sierra club cab. Before that, I had a great Chevy 1500 short bed that I put over a quarter of a million miles on. Except for a new TransAm in 1980 and my first car, a '73 Torino, all I've ever owned are pickups. I purely love them.

State with most pickups per-capita: Texas!
State with most pick ups per-capita: Nevada.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 08-07-2003 09:21 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1986 Ford F250 XLT Lariat Diesel

Don Bruechert
Mmmmmmmmm, bird!

- posted 08-07-2003 09:22 PM      Profile for Don Bruechert   Author's Homepage   Email Don Bruechert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1993 Ford Ranger 4x4 (Built on a Mazda Chassis). Has about 114000 miles on it.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 08-07-2003 11:44 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
1997 GMC Sonoma 4x4 extended cab. Black. [Cool] 120K on it already.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 08-08-2003 12:05 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AHAH! Ford trucks still outnumber General Mothers's crap!!! [Big Grin] [fu] [beer] [Smile]

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 08-08-2003 12:13 AM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
74 Chevy, 6 cyl. 3 spd. column shift, no power brakes or strg. Kind of surprizing how few of the younger people have seen a manual column gear shift. 386,000, engine rebuilt at 260,000, paid for since '76.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 08-08-2003 12:17 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill, you are correct. Tell some kid you have "three on the tree" and they probably won't know what you are talking about. [Big Grin]

That old 1956 Ford I drove years ago had "three on the tree and one on the dash". Let's see if the younger ones can figure that one out without "peeking." [thumbsup]

And if any of the cars made today was not equipped with power steering, their arms would not be strong enough to turn the wheel to get into a tight parking space. Back in my day, we had to "muscle" them into a parking space. With reference to those days, today's cars are equipped with an automatic ass wipers.

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 08-08-2003 12:21 AM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, most of them don't know a clutch from a door knob. One at the theatre wanted to borrow the truck a couple weeks sgo but couldn't because he'd never driven a non auto trans.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 08-08-2003 12:29 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill, Josh has a floor-shift Isuzu. It was funny when I saw Josh's sister trying to engage the clutch when her mom was trying to teach her how to drive a standard transmission vehicle. Although I will probably catch hell from Josh and his sister on this post, I still thought it was funny. [Smile]

But then again, it was the same for me and probably anyone else learning to drive from "Day One."

And then, I drove Josh's car once. Before I drove it, he asked me if I knew how to drive a standard transmission vehicle. I didn't say anything to him, but my thoughts were not very pleasent.

Jeeze, Josh...I drove tractor trailers at one time.....The only thing that bothered me is I could never remember what gear I was in, especially if I had a 5-speed main, 4 speed brownie, and a 2-speed rear end. [Wink]

The shit I had was a 10-speed road ranger transmission.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 08-08-2003 12:39 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Yous ought to cut the "youngins" some slack. Many are smarter and more in-tune than you think!

>>> Phil

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 08-08-2003 12:41 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil, hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! [Smile]

But I agree....I was just being facetious. [Razz]

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2003 12:46 AM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HaHa, Mine is the best of em all!

I have a '65 Ford Ranchero 66H (Deluxe w/bucket seats). Pretty rare as there were less than 1k of this type that rolled off the assembly line. Factory equiped 289/C4 automatic. I bought it from the origonal owners, and this baby has never been in a wreck.

Little by little I am restoring/restromoding her, and I have some pretty big plans...just a matter of $$.

And ya, I get looks whereever I go!

Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2003 02:53 AM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<-- has never owned a truck, doesn't like to drive big vehicles! [uhoh]

In theory, I can drive a vehicle with manual transmission, I've even done it a few times, I'm just not very comfortable with it. Would've helped had the people trying to teach me actually possessed some patience for teaching! [Roll Eyes]

I can however, manage to steer vehicles that have "arm-strong steering". [thumbsup]
First set of wheels I drove was a (mustard yellow [Big Grin] ) '79 Volvo, no power steering there - and it handled beautifully, better than anything else I've driven regularly since then.
My current car is a '93 Subaru Legacy (wagon) - with the option to be in power steering mode, or manual - and I keep it in the manual mode. [Cool]

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 08-08-2003 03:09 AM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'84 Mistsubishi SPX 4x4: parked in the driveway with a blown head gasket

'85 Ford Ranger XLS: Sitting in the middle of my back field, needs a starter and fuel injection service. [Frown]

The Cinema West Theatres' company trick is a '85 Chevy S-10

Trucks I used to own (and wish I still did):

1960 Ford F-100, 223ci 6-cylinder 3-on-the-tree

1964 Dodge D100 Sweptline, 318 V8, 4-speed granny low with 4.56 rear end gears (a go-slow and tow anything beast) [Big Grin]

-Aaron

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: